PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Thanks Ryan my friend.
No, THANK YOU for all your hard work. I would love to donate to you and ahuskins, but as I was laid off in September and Florida has the shittiest Unemployment Compensation benefits on the planet, I cannot at this time. As soon as I regain employment, I will donate to you both. You both are awesome chefs and you work deserves reward. PLEASE DONATE AND SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THESE GUYS!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rcharles is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyebandit View Post
My battery is draining real fast, it looks like my data is always on. it there a way to only connect when needed?
Check to make sure mylocation weather is not set to an hourly update. Had the same problem yesterday and checked. By default it was set to hourly. Big battery drainer.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
I am not Root, but I'm sure he will answer you as well. The new volume control does not support using the HW buttons to silence the ringer. I remember reading something that says the new volume control is broken by something else in these ROMs. I'm sure Root can clarify. You can, however, still slide to ignore with the same effect until there is a fix.
Can not ignore all calls because it will send people to the voicemail and because i am on USCC people just would continue to call back. I guess my fix would be to leave my phone on silence when i don't want to use it.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (EnergyRom)

Ghaleon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcharles View Post
Check to make sure mylocation weather is not set to an hourly update. Had the same problem yesterday and checked. By default it was set to hourly. Big battery drainer.
I'm not certain it's related, but one thing I've had happen with a few recent roms is that the battery indicator went wonky and misreported the level, making it appear like my phone was discharging over the course of an hour or two. When this happened it would drop 1% every minute or two until it got to somewhere around 12-15% where it would stay for literally hours. My solution to this was to intentionally run the battery out and start fresh, which I can't say had anything to do with it, but the problem did go away after that.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Man, root. You really shot up there in the rep dept quickly! Congratulations!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
oh look who it is, THE ABANDONER!!! j/k raid we luvs ya
Old 01-20-2010, 01:48 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
What is up bro?
Nice to see you in here.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:51 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
I'm not certain it's related, but one thing I've had happen with a few recent roms is that the battery indicator went wonky and misreported the level, making it appear like my phone was discharging over the course of an hour or two. When this happened it would drop 1% every minute or two until it got to somewhere around 12-15% where it would stay for literally hours. My solution to this was to intentionally run the battery out and start fresh, which I can't say had anything to do with it, but the problem did go away after that.
Yes cycling to battery/Hard reseting the battery will IMO make the battery last longer.
I posted about it a while back in NRG thread and how to do it.
Will search the thread and post the info here.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

just flashed RootRom21_01.19.10_28011 and as usual, IT ROCKS! This new SMS bubble app looks pretty good but I did notice that the left softkey is missing the usual send graphic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (10.2 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!

Old 01-20-2010, 03:39 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

It does still work though right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium