PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 07:16 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: anybody else notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
what else are you expecting?

nothing, same as with the moment. that's the issue. the way i look at it the evo is just about to become an outdated device by december. i was hoping the epic would take off a bit better and the devs would jump ship to it. hasn't happened yet.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
nothing, same as with the moment. that's the issue. the way i look at it the evo is just about to become an outdated device by december. i was hoping the epic would take off a bit better and the devs would jump ship to it. hasn't happened yet.
Well sprint didnt advertise the Epic much so it is to be expected..but there is quite some development on the i9000 which the epic benefits from. Aka if the i9000 has decent development we only need but a few to do ports to the Epic.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Try SDX or XDA there is lots going on... im very happy with my rooted phone.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
We have some dev support..a lot of our development comes from the i9000 aka the international Galaxy S...and we got a few devs specifically for the epic such as noobnl and joekrim..also ACL said he might be interested once he is done with the TP2 port.

We already have a few roms and a recovery, what else are you expecting?
I kind of felt the same way but after having this phone for about a week, I don't see really see a need for a whole lot. Ever wonder why phones get a lot of development? Maybe cause they suck out of the box and it needs to be tweaked to even be usable. Yeah..sounds like the evo to me.

Aside from a few hiccups (capped upload [Fixed with update]/GPS [fixed with some tweaks]), you pull the Epic out of the box and go. To me, that's a huge bonus. Customization and modding will come later but for now I'm happy with it.

Like GTen said, what exactly are you looking for that you absolutely need? I waited 6 days to root my phone and the only reason I did that was so I could tether wirelessly and remove some of the bloatware that sprint put on there.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
the lack of dev interest in this phone? that's the only thing holding me up from buying one right now. any thoughts on this guys?
It seemed like a long time to really have good stuff even for the touch pro2. The thing with it, though, was that without a cooked rom, the phone wasn't very good. I have friends that bought them that don't like them but don't use customs. I loved my Energy Roms.

My broke so I got the Epic...wow. I will like this phone with any failings it has. I've only had it a few days but love it already! Give the developers a chance and it will become even better...it doesn't really need to in my opinion. I think when it gets 2.2, the cooks will start brewing up some special treats.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

There is a CyanoganMod coming...they were able to boot it with Froyo...
Old 10-31-2010, 08:45 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

not even apps2sd yet?
Old 10-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

There is another thread here about a custom kernel that will eventually get the epic overclocked to 2GHz. Now that would be something.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific