PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vanilla ROM for Droid Incredible users (updated 5 Jul)

here is a ROM for the incredible that I put together, it has Launcher Pro and no HTC sense except what it needs to fully function. I have had no problems so far. this is for ROOT users and you must have ran the unrevoked REFLASH tool.

put it on your sd card then boot into recovery, select -wipe data/factory reset then scroll down to -install zip from sdcard, then scroll once down to -choose zip from sdcard and then find the signed_070510_203408 .zip and select it,
http://www.4shared.com/file/fGJHxQjH...10_203408.html

it has superuser installed and everything that was needed for root. it also has wireless N enabled. if you have problems please let me know and I will try to fix it. I am not a master chef or anything, so I may not be able to help on everything but I will try. I am using dsixda's kitchen so without it I would have been completely clueless. anyways big thanks to dsixda over at xda and especially the unrevoked team for getting the reflash tool out. this is beta so use at your own risk.

here is a lockscreen fix until I get it cooked into the ROM:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...30&postcount=1

programs removed:
HTC Sense (rosie)
all HTC widgets (can't use them without sense anyways)
facebook (can get a newer one from the market)
flicker
mms (replaced with handcent, removable)
twitter
HTC Album
HTC clock (replaced with DeskClock)
city id
friendstream
pdf viewer
visual voicemail
VZ backup

Programs added:
default lockscreen (displays homescreen background, looking for a fix)
wifi tether
stock music app
youtube (from evo, removable)
astro file manager (removable)
Launcher Pro (removable if you prefer another launcher)
Rockplayer (for playing .avi files)
brightness widget (removable)
3D Gallery
Geniewidget

I left the htc weather (causes FC's if removed), contacts, htc facebook, and htc fm radio

I am not and will not be held responsible for your device.

Last edited by jtuite; 07-07-2010 at 06:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: Vanilla ROM for Droid Incredible users

Where's the link? And thanks for posting.
~mike

Old 06-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Where's the link? And thanks for posting.
~mike
just click on the very first "here"
Old 06-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

I'm a idiot lol, hovered over most the words except that one. My bad.
~mike
Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
I'm a idiot lol, hovered over most the words except that one. My bad.
~mike
it was kinda hard to spot, so I included more words to make it easier. should have done that in the first place
Old 06-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

did you remove any bloat ware, like city id and such?

are there any instructions on this whole recovery thing from unrevoked? their site just gives a link to download...

what parts of sense did you have to keep? just curious.

think i may give this a shot tomorrow. thanks

EDIT: sorry for all the questions, haha. i appreciate your speedy work on providing a rom!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
did you remove any bloat ware, like city id and such?

are there any instructions on this whole recovery thing from unrevoked? their site just gives a link to download...

what parts of sense did you have to keep? just curious.

think i may give this a shot tomorrow. thanks

EDIT: sorry for all the questions, haha. i appreciate your speedy work on providing a rom!
thats fine, I am working on a list of everything I removed, you need to go here first http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=699088 and get root. then download the unrevoked reflash tool, connect your phone, run the tool and it will do everything else.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuite View Post
thats fine, I am working on a list of everything I removed, you need to go here first http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=699088 and get root. then download the unrevoked reflash tool, connect your phone, run the tool and it will do everything else.
sweet thanks. luckily got root with relative ease. sounds like the reflash tool thing is pretty simple. look forward to trying your rom later. i thought i may like sense, but i don't, and was then bummed to learn i couldn't get rid of it without running an alternative home, so it will be nice to finally play with normal android!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development