PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to AaronP220
Re: [ROM] 05/25/10 | Fresh Rom 2.1.2 | Official RUU + deodex + vanilla lock + lots mo

I tried 2.1.2 again and got the same ole doesn't want to boot thing...had to go back to 2.1.1
Old 05-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero

gmoney41685 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to gmoney41685
Re: [ROM] 05/25/10 | Fresh Rom 2.1.2 | Official RUU + deodex + vanilla lock + lots mo

question on the patch, do you flash it after you flash the rom and reboot the device? or do you flash the rom, then the patch, then restart. sorry if that sounds dumb, but i honestly don't know.

Last edited by gmoney41685; 05-25-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

I'm confused where are all the programs listed on the main page for this rom located? Am I missing something?
Old 05-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

neuton is a n00b

rom seems to work great, until i sync my exchange account for my contacts. Reboot several times, install some apps, everything is good. But once i sync my exchange and it goes through the " my work has "security" in place," so it asks to create password then reboot, upon reboot i get the looping android dancing screen. I let it sit for over 15 minutes, just loops, goes black like its gonna load the GUI up, but it just loops back to the dancing splash screen. I have tried this 3 times, finally figured out it was the exchange sync causing it. Anyone else having this issue? thanks ~nick
Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM] Fresh Rom 2.1.1 | Latest Sprint RUU + The normal fresh rom goodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmedia View Post
I searched for "autokill" in the market and couldn't find it. Is it under a different name?
Search for "Autokiller"

I also use "Advanced TaskKiller".....After installing put the widget on one of your pages and every once in a while tap the widget, it will kill whatever programs are currently running and free up memory.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to AaronP220

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuton View Post
rom seems to work great, until i sync my exchange account for my contacts. Reboot several times, install some apps, everything is good. But once i sync my exchange and it goes through the " my work has "security" in place," so it asks to create password then reboot, upon reboot i get the looping android dancing screen. I let it sit for over 15 minutes, just loops, goes black like its gonna load the GUI up, but it just loops back to the dancing splash screen. I have tried this 3 times, finally figured out it was the exchange sync causing it. Anyone else having this issue? thanks ~nick

that's where my problems started. I get the exact same thing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney41685 View Post
question on the patch, do you flash it after you flash the rom and reboot the device? or do you flash the rom, then the patch, then restart. sorry if that sounds dumb, but i honestly don't know.
Flash the ROM first, and after it completes then flash the patch behind it. No reboot required.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Loaded 2.1.2 with no problems (other than FB sync still not working) .... Of course my Hero works better than ever now that it only has a few days left until the EVO!!

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 05-27-2010, 11:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint 10 years now

protoadies is a n00b

im new to the android platform, i tried to use freshes kitchen, is that compatible with the newer 2.1 roms out there? i already installed Fresh rom 2.1.2 but my wife wants the stock hero bottom bar with the curved look vs straight line. So i tried to use the kitchen and select the curved bottom bar, but something didn't work out right it didn't work. how can i put that back on?
Old 05-27-2010, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint "The CDMA gods"

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera

dl link broken ?

CDMA Vogue in a GSM white housing? Yep I did it!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=white+case

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development