PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA HTC Hero Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   [ROM] 08/30/10 | Fresh Hero 2.4.0 | Incremental Update For Freshness (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121220)

spiritcrusher33 05-20-2010 06:13 PM

Re: [ROM] Fresh Rom 2.1.1 | Latest Sprint RUU + The normal fresh rom goodies

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokuzumi (Post 1764165)
If you want a clock just like the HTC one, you can get the Flip Clock Widget - Large. It looks just like the clock, but doesn't have weather. There is the beautiful widgets program, which is like $1.50-2, but will have what you need. Also, do a search for Flip Clock in the market. There are a few other 4 x 2 clock widgets in the market.

I can't find it in the market, but intuitit makes a flip clock beta, but does not have weather.

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...lock-zmBi.aspx

If you have the barcode scanner, you can download it straight to your phone.

might i suggest fancy widget for the stock looking htc clock...with weather..

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...roid-EAjC.aspx

nightslayer666 05-21-2010 11:21 PM

So i tried to flash to fresh 2.1.1 and fresh toast, got to the android dancing screen and on both occassions he danced for 5 minutes. The little android dude would just cycle and start over. got tired of watching him dance so i pulled battery and reflashed only to have the same issue, any ideas?

nightslayer666 05-21-2010 11:26 PM

ok update for my previous post...tried a nandroid backup which failed for some reason, so i got pissed pulled the battery, wiped the phone and reflashed fresh, seems to be working, but out of curiosity any ideas why i had to go to those measures to get fresh 2.1.1 to flash?

tokuzumi 05-21-2010 11:32 PM

Sometimes that stuff just happens. Did you wipe before you flashed the fresh roms? The first time I rooted, I didn't wipe my phone, and it was just stuck on the HTC screen. I thought I bricked my phone.

nightslayer666 05-22-2010 12:23 AM

No i didnt wipe before i tried to flash, i didnt think i needed to as this was the first ever flash i have tried to do even though ive been rooted for months. But thanks for the reply, everything seems to be working, that is except for wireless teether, dont know what the deal is there, when i first started the program it said i needed root to make it work. imagine my surprise when that msg popped up when i already know im rooted. Uninstalled and redownloaded from the market but it still wont work. i hate to bother you again but any ideas there?

tokuzumi 05-22-2010 12:41 AM

Your flashing issue was because you didn't wipe. Lesson learned there...

Any app that requires root access will ask your permission to access the root of the device. Did you get 4 options:

Always Allow
Allow

Always Deny
Deny

If so, this is normal. Select allow, and you are good to go (I hesitate to select always allow, as it may cause a virus to get access to the root of my phone..I may just be paranoid...).

DarkManX4lf 05-22-2010 08:42 AM

I flashed to 2.1.1 and I didn't get the looping dancing android guy. I did wipe before I flashed.

I do have some other problems though.

1) Sometimes my data connection doesn't work. It will show that I am on EV-DO but when I try to use a program that requires data it will say that I need a connection...for example when I use the stock browser it will say I need a connection.

I wiped the phone again and re-flashed and so far this problem has gone away....I think...

2) I have a problem with slacker radio. I installed it from the market and everytime I start it (the first time) it will not open. I would have to tap on its icon a second time to get it to open....this didn't happen on 2.0d....I'm thinking this is more a slacker radio issue than fresh 2.1.1...but does anyone else have this issue?

tokuzumi 05-22-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf (Post 1767267)
I flashed to 2.1.1 and I didn't get the looping dancing android guy. I did wipe before I flashed.

I do have some other problems though.

1) Sometimes my data connection doesn't work. It will show that I am on EV-DO but when I try to use a program that requires data it will say that I need a connection...for example when I use the stock browser it will say I need a connection.

I wiped the phone again and re-flashed and so far this problem has gone away....I think...

2) I have a problem with slacker radio. I installed it from the market and everytime I start it (the first time) it will not open. I would have to tap on its icon a second time to get it to open....this didn't happen on 2.0d....I'm thinking this is more a slacker radio issue than fresh 2.1.1...but does anyone else have this issue?

I get that "no connection" message occasionally. I just disconnect from the mobile network, and reconnect. It has worked for me every time that has happened (which is only a few times)

jeff76ws6 05-24-2010 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macropoutsis (Post 1755694)
Hey flipz, tried your vanilla lockscreen fix, but it's scrambled like the before pic. Any ideas for this new rom. Thanks.

Bump. Is there a new vanilla lockscreen available for this ROM yet?

93mustang 05-24-2010 05:37 PM

i was looking at the screen shots for this rom and my baseband number is different from his. is that normal or did something not do something right. the phone seems to be working fine but just curious. my baseband number is 1.04.????? his is 2.42.??????