PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA HTC Hero Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   [ROM] 08/30/10 | Fresh Hero 2.4.0 | Incremental Update For Freshness (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121220)

butterflieq 08-13-2010 06:57 PM

Re: [ROM] 07/05/10 | Fresh Rom 2.3.3 | New RUU + 270 rotation + FriendStream + lots m

Quote:

Originally Posted by avanevery (Post 1910245)
is this rom still available? the link to the DL is broken

I clicked the link in the first page, which then shot me over to Fresh's site and had no issues with the download link there. Might want to try it again.

I flashed this rom last night and noticed considerable lag and response. Going to reflash it and see if it helps. If it doesn't I think I'll go back to 2.0d.

I reflashed the phone and everything seems to be running a great deal smoother. Still toying around with it to see if it was something app wise that cause the sluggishness. Only issue I'm having now is the phone randomly reboots.

kkeller87 08-25-2010 11:47 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

Mine goes into freak mode every few days and reboots every five mins until I reflash. Nothing is helping. I re downloaded the zip file, factory reset, and have ATTEMPTED to wipe the cache and ext but receive error messages.
Also, and this is the reason I rooted at all, the WiFi tether wont work for me anymore. It starts fine but my Vista pc can't connect to it. Anyone got any ideas?

augozageek 09-03-2010 07:26 AM

Re: [ROM] 08/30/10 | Fresh Hero 2.4.0 | Incremental Update For Freshness

HELP: flashing this Rom sounds easy. If i understand correctly, I'm flashing with the phone- no pc required? I'm used to flashing my HTC tp2, with my computer, but i have flashed via sdcard many times. This such a different process tho.

Do I need astro file manager to extract the zip? thanks in advance!

gluka47 09-07-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augozageek (Post 1933606)
HELP: flashing this Rom sounds easy. If i understand correctly, I'm flashing with the phone- no pc required? I'm used to flashing my HTC tp2, with my computer, but i have flashed via sdcard many times. This such a different process tho.

Do I need astro file manager to extract the zip? thanks in advance!

ok let me hook you up
first is your hero rooted? if so all you need to do is put the zip on the root of the sd card the turn your phone off and hold volume down and the end call button then home button and scroll to "install zip from sdcard" and click home button to accept done
if its not rooted then search for the sticky in the forum

thugluv711 09-16-2010 01:43 PM

Re: [ROM] Fresh Rom 2.1.1 | Latest Sprint RUU + The normal fresh rom goodies

Can someone help me, i flashed my phone , now it loops on boot with dancing android, how do fix this???

hyprspec 09-25-2010 06:37 PM

Re: [ROM] Fresh Rom 2.1.1 | Latest Sprint RUU + The normal fresh rom goodies

Quote:

Originally Posted by thugluv711 (Post 1946468)
Can someone help me, i flashed my phone , now it loops on boot with dancing android, how do fix this???

I too had this problem. I came from fresh's earlier 2.1 rom. I wiped, installed the rom (2.4.0) and I was stuck with the dancing android. I wiped and reinstalled the 2.1 that I had been using for months and I got the same thing. a continous restarting dancing android screen.

I went over to XDA and I downloaded cyanogenmod 6. It's a 2.2 rom - It is working fine.

kkeller87 09-27-2010 12:09 PM

hey all

if youre stuck anywhere with freshs rom, either in flashing or post-flash, i would recommend going over and flashing cyanogens rom once and coming back to fresh.
either something with changing the type of rom or the backup image or something seemed to clear up a lot of issues for me once coming back to Fresh.

K

Superman187 10-04-2010 07:22 PM

Is there a way to change the kernal on this ROM so that I can use an overclock app or widget. I have been trying to flash Fresh Toast but been unsuccessful:
Here is the post I put on Fresh Toast thread:
"I really want to run this ROM but I have flashed it like 4 times. Clean install etc....and every time I do it I have no service... none. Its like the radio isnt even there. SO I updated the radio using the one on this thread and it still will not work. I am going back to Fresh Hero but I really want to use this ROM so I can overclock it.
Is there a way to update the kernal on Fresh Rom 2.4.0 so that I can successfully use an overclock app or widget??"

Thanks in advance for the help!

protomind 10-25-2010 01:47 AM

I'm stuck with this one. Installed it as detailed and upon booting I hear something like 'freessshhhhhh' and the android is dancing around. But I can not do anything else, almost like its stuck there dancing eternally. Rebooting does not help. Next I guess I will try the whole thing over.

protomind 10-25-2010 01:48 AM

Opps NM, looks like a reboot is doing it.