PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Fresh 2 Death)
Carrier: Sprint

JirafaBo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JirafaBo
Re: [ROM] 07/05/10 | Fresh Rom 2.3.3 | New RUU + 270 rotation + FriendStream + lots m

I wiped and updated from an old Fresh 2.1 and my phone is super laggy now. Anytime I open an app or try to pull up keyboard, or even when calls come in, it lags majorly. Hoping a rewipe and reflash will fix it.

(any possibility running the simple bubble live wallpaper) is causing this?
Old 07-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

malach is a n00b
Re: [ROM] 07/05/10 | Fresh Rom 2.3.3 | New RUU + 270 rotation + FriendStream + lots m

Quote:
Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
I wiped and updated from an old Fresh 2.1 and my phone is super laggy now. Anytime I open an app or try to pull up keyboard, or even when calls come in, it lags majorly. Hoping a rewipe and reflash will fix it.

(any possibility running the simple bubble live wallpaper) is causing this?
Greetings,

I'm experiencing your same behavior. I don't have live wallpaper installed at all.

I did a full wipe, dalvic cache clear and everything. The problem still persist. I have lag all around now. I don't remember having all this problem with first few betas of 2.1 tho.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: <>

PrO... is a n00b

still having major battery issues and sense restarts too often... will re flash and report back...
Old 07-13-2010, 01:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo and Hero

Vissago is a n00b

Been having this same problem. Trying to cut back on my widgets but still see a big lag and battery drain.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hmm...I'm overclocked to 710mhz, no lag, and great battery. I don't know what the difference in my phone would be. I rooted, flashed Rom, flashed OC kernel, and that's it. I use Launcher Pro, not Sense.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 07-19-2010, 09:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800, HTC Hero

leprycoon is just getting started

Some phones just behave differently. I have two Heros running Fresh and one is amazing while the other is just ok. In fairness, when they were on the stock rom one of them was ok and the other was horrible, so I do see improvement in both but they are not equal. Just doesn't make sense since I flashed both the same way and put the same rom on both with the same apps, you would think that both would be equal....
Old 07-24-2010, 08:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

slapmedia is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmedia View Post
Fresh, I used Fresh Updater to install "Vanilla Lock+Vanilla Apps+World Clock". I love the lock but my HTC Music player widget does not work now. What can I do to back out the Vanilla Apps and keep my HTC apps? Or, is there a fix for the media player to show the album covers? Oh...I don't mind Gallery...it's actually pretty nice. ANy help is appreciated!
Does anyone have a solution for this?

Now using the HTC Hero (Android)

Old 07-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Can someone tell me how to activate the FriendStream widget? I cant find it anywhere in the ROM. I went through the updater and loaded the vanilla lock=apps=clock theme and still dont see it anywhere.

EDIT: NM I got it working... Had to clear the HTC Sense Data/Catche for it to show up.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!

Last edited by PMDColeslaw; 07-26-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850sp
Carrier: Metropcs

Wutor is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Wutor Send a message via Yahoo to Wutor Send a message via Skype™ to Wutor

I just flashed this rom. Look very good. run smooth too. but got one problem.. i can enter in DIAG mode by ##3424#. the 1st TX and RX numbers are not changing... What am i missing? Pls help. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint "The CDMA gods"

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera

I can't see Friendstream or Launcher Pro anywhere, coming from previous 2.1 fresh , wiped and flashed current.

CDMA Vogue in a GSM white housing? Yep I did it!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=white+case

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development