PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 03:09 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit22 View Post
rootlinux what is that widget called that shows your system info on your screenshot? I like that.
System Info Widget
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:13 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM] - [MikRoms] - [3/9/2012] -MikG v3.11 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0

Update on OP.
All thanks to aamikam.
Thanks Mik
Old 03-16-2012, 11:38 PM
The Rootinator

New update is really fast and smooth.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] - [MikRoms] - [3/9/2012] -MikG v3.11 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0

Hey Root, thanks for keeping up with his thread here on PPCGeeks. I'd like to be able to get his latest here rather than somewhere else. Long live PPCGeeks. Good to see you bro!

Thanks aamikam as always for outstanding work! Your ROMs are my reference ROMs as I'm learning android. It don't get much better than your ROMs IMO.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:13 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405
Hey Root, thanks for keeping up with his thread here on PPCGeeks. I'd like to be able to get his latest here rather than somewhere else. Long live PPCGeeks. Good to see you bro!

Thanks aamikam as always for outstanding work! Your ROMs are my reference ROMs as I'm learning android. It don't get much better than your ROMs IMO.
Good to see you too my friend.
How have you been?
Old 03-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

kjar211 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Simply love this rom...thanks
Old 04-01-2012, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch 6900
Carrier: sprint

logik777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

been out of country for a while an just got back home an re connected my evo but i think the rom is outnof date inhave OMG last evo rom an would like to know if i can simply flash this rom right over my current or what steps should i take to update my evo to this latest or another rom....thanks for the help in advance....LGK777
Old 04-01-2012, 12:20 AM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik777 View Post
been out of country for a while an just got back home an re connected my evo but i think the rom is outnof date inhave OMG last evo rom an would like to know if i can simply flash this rom right over my current or what steps should i take to update my evo to this latest or another rom....thanks for the help in advance....LGK777
Are you rooted? Have you flashed a recovery on the phone? If the answer to both question is yes, then you can do a full wipe and flash this ROM.

If the answer to either is no, then NO you can't just update your phone with this ROM. You have to be rooted. This thread would probably be a good place to start: [TUTORIAL] How To Root The HTC EVO ~ Part-1 \0/ - xda-developers

There are several ways to root an EVO and several recovery options available to you. Google searching will bring up several options.

I use this recovery personally: New Amon Ra-style recovery released for rooted HTC EVO 4Gs

Last edited by Sharkie405; 04-01-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik777 View Post
Nandroid first.
Full wipe and flash.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:01 PM
VIP Member

Hey anyone who still has an EVO OG and uses this ROM!

This paragraph is going to be inconsequential, so feel free to skip it, if you like. I spent a lot of time working on my own Sense 2.1 android 2.3.5 ROM and I just couldn't ever get it as good as this one. I have 65 market apps installed internally and I still have almost 200mb free in data. I'm not sure how he did it, but damn I love this ROM! MikG v3.11 is outstanding and still the ROM that I use daily.

About 2 months ago I started having Playstore downloading issues. I was getting the download error 498 most of the time and it wouldn't even download. When I could get one to download, I'd get the "package file is invalid" message when it tried to install. After researching the issue, I realized it was because of the cache. I tried a bunch of cache cleaning apps that didn't work and some SD card reformatting and wiping caches of various google apps, etc... None of it worked. Then I came across this post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicalDude View Post
Fixing market downloads
If you wish to bypass the problem of the small cache partition limiting market downloads, then do the following steps:
1. Use the wonderful dsixda kitchen to unpack your boot.img
2. Edit the init.rc. In the exports section add the following:
Code:
export DOWNLOAD_CACHE /mnt/asec/download
and add the following right under the section titled "# Secure container public mount points":
Code:
     # Market downloads
     mkdir /mnt/asec/download  0777 root system
     mount tmpfs tmpfs /mnt/asec/download mode=0777,gid=1000
This will place all market downloads into a temporary ram disk, which will be deleted upon the completion of the installation.
3. Repack your boot.img and place it in the rom.
from here: [TUT + ROM] Using s-off to Maximize ROM Efficiency - xda-developers

So that's what I did and it worked! No more Playstore errors! I figured I'd post it here for anyone else who uses this ROM and might be having this issue as well.

This is the boot.img from MikG v3.11 as is. As in, just how it is when you first flashed his ROM. I've done nothing but add the afore mentioned code to the init.rc. If you flash this boot.img it will undo any other mods, if any, you have done to your boot.img. I have done this on my own and am simply sharing it. Aamikam has not endorsed this. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK and PLEASE HAVE A RECENT NANDROID BACKUP HANDY!!!!!

It's easy enough to do own your own if you have other stuff going on in your boot.img that you don't want to lose.

How to flash you ask? You can simply insert the new boot.img into the ROM.zip (use 7zip and "view as archive") and reflash his ROM or you can use fastboot through cmd prompt
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Attached Files
File Type: 7z MikGv3.11boot.img_withPlaystoreFix.7z (2.49 MB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-19-2013 at 11:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development