PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

babyoche is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Stock Gingerbread ROM 4.22.651.2 6-3-2011 Rooted and either Odexed or Deodexe

thx; it did
Old 06-04-2011, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work
Re: New Stock Gingerbread ROM 4.22.651.2 6-3-2011 Rooted and either Odexed or Deodexe

Do I need to flash the Rom and the Kernel and the firmware?
Old 06-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
Do I need to flash the Rom and the Kernel and the firmware?
You can flash the rom only if you wish. Frankly I'm not understanding why they are putting up the other kernel links. I tried to ask in the xda thread last night but got lost in the shuffle. Firmware is optional as well since my Evo was connecting fine before I updated the firmware. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
You can flash the rom only if you wish. Frankly I'm not understanding why they are putting up the other kernel links. I tried to ask in the xda thread last night but got lost in the shuffle. Firmware is optional as well since my Evo was connecting fine before I updated the firmware. Good luck.
I believe the kernel is for anyone running a rom built from the leaked GB

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 06-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ringfinger69 is a n00b

If anyone can help me out:
I flashed this and the blue status bar filled up and then the screen displayed "parsing", and then it just stopped. Given the option to reboot. Anyone else run into this?
Thanks for any help
Old 06-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringfinger69 View Post
If anyone can help me out:
I flashed this and the blue status bar filled up and then the screen displayed "parsing", and then it just stopped. Given the option to reboot. Anyone else run into this?
Thanks for any help

Sure, but you need to be more specific. What exactly did you flash. the rooted OTA or the firmware upgrade or both. I'm sure we can assist.

In general, you should do the following:

1. make a nandroid backup of your previous rom before flashing this.
2. wipe everything data, cache, dalvik and flash via recovery.
3. I let it reboot and didn't set up, then went into recovery again and wiped cached and dalvik. Then I flashed the updated radio, pri packages. This is not required though.

let us know what you did.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo1965 View Post
Firmware:
Radio, WiMAX and PRI Updates Must be flashed through hBoot/Fastboot! Not Recovery.
What does it mean to use hBoot/Fastboot?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That is your boot loader, press and hold the Vol Down + power button and you will be there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
What does it mean to use hBoot/Fastboot?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks. I've been running CM7 for some time. But I've lately had problems with 3g. Since I will be handing this phone over to my wife in the next month, I'd like to get her back to stock with everything working.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Re: Stock Gingerbread ROM Rooted and either Odexed or Deodexed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Btw, ended up flashing as well as updating radio, pri, etc with Calk's all in one zip. Running very well.
hummm...can't seem to find it (all in one zip from Calk). i'm typically blind in one eye and can't see out of the other tho.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development