PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Evo
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Solver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 06.26.11.TeamXRON Speedy Port RC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
It actually runs fine on the OTA , Haus' stock OTA rooted and DC13's new rom based off the OTA (I have ran it on both Haus' and DC13's ... It is killing data and cell svc on all the variations of the speedy port (Mik's, Leo's, MisFit's, Synergy and OMJ's ... have tried all these too) for some reason ... Don't know why ppl in the market are saying it doesn't run on the OTA because it does, never can trust most of those reviews from all those noobs! I appreciative u checking it out though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Very true store about market reviews. I have no clue if it is something that can be fixed, but interesting that it you narrowed it down to a single port. Is the app actually setting phone to airplane mode? I didn't look.

Since installing the app, although I have cleared app data and uninstalled, the panel will not shut itself off- I must use the power button. I will restore a backup to see if that was a coincidence. Does that happen to yours?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solver View Post
Very true store about market reviews. I have no clue if it is something that can be fixed, but interesting that it you narrowed it down to a single port. Is the app actually setting phone to airplane mode? I didn't look.

Since installing the app, although I have cleared app data and uninstalled, the panel will not shut itself off- I must use the power button. I will restore a backup to see if that was a coincidence. Does that happen to yours?
What panel? Mobile network in settings? If so then yes it wont come back until a reboot ... U don't need to restore a backup though. Doesn't actually put it in airplane mode just disabled mobile network and the cell signal. They make the app for each specific phone so I feel like it is something still hanging around from the shift that hasn't been swapped out with the OTA since the update but I'm no programmer

Old 06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Solver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuff

Quote:
What panel? Mobile network in settings? If so then yes it wont come back until a reboot ... U don't need to restore a backup though. Doesn't actually put it in airplane mode just disabled mobile network and the cell signal. They make the app for each specific phone so I feel like it is something still hanging around from the shift that hasn't been swapped out with the OTA since the update but I'm no programmer

I mean the screen will not turn off without pressing power button. Did that not happen on your end? It could easily be a coincidence.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

Quote:
I mean the screen will not turn off without pressing power button. Did that not happen on your end? It could easily be a coincidence.
Well I don't think so... I surely would have noticed it as many roms as I have tried it on... but I also couldn't swear to it

Edit!!! oh yeah, sorry my head was in a diff place... that is an actual bug with the app, it sets the display to "never turn off" ... just have to go back into settings and change it back to 1 min or whatever you like after using the app... *facepalm* wasn't thinking lol

Last edited by Vancer; 06-29-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Well I don't think so... I surely would have noticed it as many roms as I have tried it on... but I also couldn't swear to it

Edit!!! oh yeah, sorry my head was in a diff place... that is an actual bug with the app, it sets the display to "never turn off" ... just have to go back into settings and change it back to 1 min or whatever you like after using the app... *facepalm* wasn't thinking lol
I did a search and saw a lot of posts, articles, etc. where unsupported phones get placed into airplane mode (turning off radios) which is the same thing that was happening to me. (even some iphone users saying the same thing even though it is officially supported) The Evo Shift is not listed as a supported device, and I really feel that is where the problem is. It would be interesting if you could reach out to someone with a Shift and see what their results are when installing the app.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I did a search and saw a lot of posts, articles, etc. where unsupported phones get placed into airplane mode (turning off radios) which is the same thing that was happening to me. (even some iphone users saying the same thing even though it is officially supported) The Evo Shift is not listed as a supported device, and I really feel that is where the problem is. It would be interesting if you could reach out to someone with a Shift and see what their results are when installing the app.
My sister actually has a Shift so I will install it on her phone and see what happens.

True the shift is not one of the supported phones which is why I think something from the port is still lingering that was not replaced/swapped out with the official OTA release. I know Vin and most of the other guys took a lot of stuff out of the OTA.. libs, etc and updated the build.prop and definitions and such but there must be something remaining that this particular app is seeing since we are actually installing it on an EVO which is supported and works fine on the GB OTA???? Ugh!! I hate being stuck on the OTA because of this app!!

I'm gonna install an AOSP rom and see what happens (suggested by Mik) to at least try to narrow it down to something with Sense at least... maybe???

Edit: When you were reading did you see any answers/responses as to how the iPhone supported users fixed it? Or did they?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Did a search again and read more than summaries, guess they don't have that problem- related to battery mostly. We have certainly done a good job of keeping this thread at the top today, but when vin touches down there may be some insight. I am still curious if it works on that Shift.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Did a search again and read more than summaries, guess they don't have that problem- related to battery mostly. We have certainly done a good job of keeping this thread at the top today, but when vin touches down there may be some insight. I am still curious if it works on that Shift.
I'll be sure and let ya know when I get my hands on Sis' Shift. I don't think she has even updated yet... she is not like us. lol In fact, I'm sure I'll have to be the one to do the update for her... yes she is that tech unsavy! Back in the day she used to call me at least once or twice a week just to have me walk her through which buttons to push in what order on her universal remote to get it to work the tv then the sat LOL

Last edited by Vancer; 06-29-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:

Ok here is what I found... Hopefully Vin will see these posts and it will give him some ideas

As suggested by Mik I installed an AOSP rom to check that, so I picked Deck's v1.0 which is GB 2.3.3 same build as the OTA and the app worked fine which at least narrowed it down to something to do with Sense.

I got my hands on my sister's Shift today which did not have the update yet which worked out perfectly. I installed the app and it worked fine, loaded up and did not kill data or cell svc at all. At this point it still had the Sense 1.0 it shipped with.

Then I did the update on her phone which brought it up to GB and Sense 2.1... downloaded Golf Logix and tried to load it... BAM! Killed data and cell svc... SO... Now it makes sense why all the speedy ports are behaving the same way, something in the app is conflicting with something in Sense 2.1

Maybe that will give Vin an idea of where to look hopefully!!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Ok here is what I found... Hopefully Vin will see these posts and it will give him some ideas

As suggested by Mik I installed an AOSP rom to check that, so I picked Deck's v1.0 which is GB 2.3.3 same build as the OTA and the app worked fine which at least narrowed it down to something to do with Sense.

I got my hands on my sister's Shift today which did not have the update yet which worked out perfectly. I installed the app and it worked fine, loaded up and did not kill data or cell svc at all. At this point it still had the Sense 1.0 it shipped with.

Then I did the update on her phone which brought it up to GB and Sense 2.1... downloaded Golf Logix and tried to load it... BAM! Killed data and cell svc... SO... Now it makes sense why all the speedy ports are behaving the same way, something in the app is conflicting with something in Sense 2.1

Maybe that will give Vin an idea of where to look hopefully!!
At this point if it is not working on a stock phone, it is up to them to update their software. Contacting them in regards to your "evo shift" would be the best course of action. If they are responsive and update their software, you will be in for a treat with this rom!

This is the ota update as it should be- with just a little spice, but not so much that mom can't eat it too... lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development