PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybo86 View Post
I installed the newest GB version and when i try to open the sense 3.0 lockscreen.apk it says it is an invalid file and says cannot open file when i click on it??
just right click and save
Old 05-27-2011, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

Quote:
I installed the newest GB version and when i try to open the sense 3.0 lockscreen.apk it says it is an invalid file and says cannot open file when i click on it?? i have tried downloading it multiple times.
I wonder what the difference is between this apk and just going to Settings/Display and checking the box... I had the old lock screen at first and then I went to settings/Disply and click the check box and the new lockscreen worked. Is there a NEWER screen???

OMJ,

Nice Rom... Thanks
Old 05-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
I'm still using OMJ_EVO_2.3.3_Gingerbread_v5.0_odexed-signed.zip - I haven't updated to v1.3 because this one actually has 4G running for me. This screen brightness really is killing my battery, I use both my 3500mah batteries to last a day. Sound about right? (I use the hell out of my phone) - I used to last 1.5 days on two batteries on froyo
the new v1.3 has 4g hindjew. Make the switch.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

busventinc is becoming a great contributor
Omj on 1.3 USB tether not working just tried it and says I need to get a subscription through USB is the only way I can use it I don't use wifi is there a fix for it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2011, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

dottat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I installed the newest GB version and when i try to open the sense 3.0 lockscreen.apk it says it is an invalid file and says cannot open file when i click on it?? i have tried downloading it multiple times.

Edit: file would not open by clicking on it from internet->settings downloads
Used ES File explorer to open the apk and it worked fine.
Works fine untill reboot.

Omj- permanent flashable odex lockscreen zip was posted on miks forum and it works beyond reboots.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

OK what am I missing? I downloaded the latest GB ROM. Put it in the root of my sd card. Clicked on it to install and it wants me to open either es file explorer or rom manager. I go with rom manager and then it asks for pre-installation checks *Backup Existing ROM, Wipe Data and Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache I select all three* then it just seems to sit there. How do I know it's doing anything? I don't remember it being this much trouble the last time I flashed.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
the new v1.3 has 4g hindjew. Make the switch.
Nice! I was just moved to a building that doesn't exactly have internet yet. So I've been tethering my 4G the entire day. My laptop has Clear WiMAX built in, but I have other devices that need internet.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
OK what am I missing? I downloaded the latest GB ROM. Put it in the root of my sd card. Clicked on it to install and it wants me to open either es file explorer or rom manager. I go with rom manager and then it asks for pre-installation checks *Backup Existing ROM, Wipe Data and Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache I select all three* then it just seems to sit there. How do I know it's doing anything? I don't remember it being this much trouble the last time I flashed.
The way to flash roms hasn't changed b4u2. You should read up on how to do it. Wouldn't want you to brick your phone.

Use amon ra recovery. You can get it in the ROM Manager app. Just flash alternate recovery. To flash the rom, you power down your phone. Press vol down and power at the same time. select recovery. wipe, data factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache. return and select zip file. select the zip file on your sd card and go.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ZepticVillager is a n00b

Nice rom, love Sense 2.1, 4G works very nicely, but I have a few other issues. Sorry if these are posted already but I didn't see them:

1) Some apps immediately force-close on boot. Example: ShootMe. I haven't had this issue on any other ROM. Is this a Sense 2.1 compatibility thing? The built-in Weather app sometimes force-closes and sometimes works.

2) Stock messaging app no longer has an option to limit the number of saved messages. I used to have mine set at 200, now they just keep piling up.

3) System clock will randomly run fast, even though it is set to sync with the network. I'll let it run for awhile, then look and it will be like 9-10 minutes fast. If I go to Date and Time settings, uncheck Automatic, then check it again it corrects itself. Then sometimes it will get fast again, sometimes it won't. Seems to be at random.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

Figured it out. Thanks for the walk thru. Is there a Swype app that works?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development