PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 07:50 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3-6-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [beta7][WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid307 View Post
1st I would like to thank DECK for the ROM, keep up the good work.

I was having allot of issues with the CM versions

These themes are currently working on this version, when you flash theme you're only get the basics with these themes, you have to put in wallpapers & docks to make them look like screen shots ! my favorites are monochrome & vivid by: sonnysekhon

[THEMES][CM7] themes by iamthebigcheeze | [UPDATED 3-8] All themes updated! - xda-developers

[THEME] Themes for CM7 - xda-developers

you sure these themes will work? it will give you the battery % and everything?

Old 03-14-2011, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [3-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc1][WIP]

Deck, I must say this is are pretty good ROM.... so far I am happy with it... Just so use to Sense that I am trying to find programs that replace what I was using on sense and didn't know it.... I guess I did not know how much I was using sense until you leave it... LOL I am finding some replacements but do miss the calendar... does anyone know a good widget that shows the calendar and that you have something on that day (does not have to show what it is, I use an agenda program for that)

thanks for the great ROM....tannerj
Old 03-14-2011, 10:16 AM
#1 troll!

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (set alarm in alarm clock)

So this rom is basically cm7 with a few tweaks i see. Been running it since last night. Very fast rom. I do see alot of bugs though, will the dev fix these or just rely on the cm7 team to do it?

Issues so far are wireless tether will not work. Really low radio signal. Weird characters on window boxes. Other than that not bad.

What tweaks did u do to the rom or kernel? Is it safe to use the savage zen kernel instead?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

This is niiiiice makes me almost want to leave OMJ I been using his rooms since my diamond. I do see a few bugs and I was wondering if I was the only one having issues with USB taking for ever to transfer files. I love the speed and battery life kind of makes me wish that the phone companies would give you an option to have your phone vanilla ( no extra apps just android)
Old 03-14-2011, 03:00 PM
#1 troll!

Wirelessly posted (set alarm in alarm clock)

What version of cm7 is this based on? I can confirm the savage zen kernel works great.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:56 AM
#1 troll!

back on mikfroyo for now, alot of bugs with this rom im afraid. and since i do not see the dev responding or posting alot i may just hold off for awhile. not offense but id like to know what the advantage is of using this over cm7?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

BMWPPCGeeks is a n00b

I'm fairly happy with this right now. I came from CM7 with the GB launcher mod, so the ROM fits me well.

Issues...GPS is still a little problematic, and no luck 4G tethering using the built-in program or Wireless Tether 2.07. Other than that, I am in good shape.

Brent
Old 03-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

BMWPPCGeeks is a n00b

A few requests, add the SD Card speed fix and Data throttling fixes. Links below.

Thanks

SD card speed fix (5Mbps to 15Mbps) - xda-developers
[MOD] Data Service Governer Killer - Updated with How To: - xda-developers
Old 03-15-2011, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO

CtDMonet is a n00b

Deck, I flashed the rom this morning, and it seemed to be working great, until I tried to listen to Pandora. I am having a problem maintaining bluetooth connection. When listening to pandora, and my jawbone drops off an on. Fine for Billy Joel radio, not so work appropriate for NWA radio, or Steven Lynch radio.

Reminds my of bluetooth on my 6700 many years ago (not normal).
Old 03-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900

cruiseleed is a n00b
Re: [3-6-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [beta7][WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseleed View Post
I have flashed it twice. Everything works except for tcpip in 3g mode. It shows connected. When I check the IP address it base one for the device. The second errors and do not receive DNS. Have the current radio and it works fine on wimax. The GPS works great to. Any ideas?
Flashed the latest rom everything working well now. Visual voicemail was a challenge. Could not restore from titanium. Found a version i could flash still would not work. Once i flashed could then restore the data from titanium works vmm perfect. Works really well faster and improved battery. AMAZING

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development