PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   [10-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3][2.3.7 Stable] #Stablistic (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141521)

teejay89 04-07-2011 03:04 PM

Re: [4-7-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc9][STABL-ER]

That or I'm just going to be lazy, flash Tiamat 3.3.5, undervolt it and go from there. idk yet

teejay89 04-07-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tankcole (Post 2081419)
Doesn't SZ have a problem with transferring files over USB? Also, I won't go near an SBC kernel after losing my first Evo. I don't know what caused it but, basically whenever I let the battery die it would no longer charge. I even had the battery replaced twice and the same night it would do the same thing. May have been a hardware issue...

I think I'm going to put a bunch of kernels on my SD card like you.

Sounds like that could have been a hardware issue tbh, I've used nothing but SBC kernels since I started modding my phone with 0 issue. My phone never even exceeds 110˚ F

tankcole 04-07-2011 03:12 PM

Hmm interesting, how often do you let your phone die?

teejay89 04-07-2011 03:21 PM

I TRY not to- but it dies probably 4-5 times a week if I'm at work or traveling without a charger

alaman68 04-07-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tankcole (Post 2081419)
Doesn't SZ have a problem with transferring files over USB? Also, I won't go near an SBC kernel after losing my first Evo. I don't know what caused it but, basically whenever I let the battery die it would no longer charge. I even had the battery replaced twice and the same night it would do the same thing. May have been a hardware issue...

I think I'm going to put a bunch of kernels on my SD card like you.

SZ does have a problem with usb transfers. Since they work great on my phone (sbc all night), I use an app called multimount sd, and that problem is taken care of very quickly. In fact, I use multimount sd whenever I transfer files on any ROM now. Give it a try... Easy and smooth

Mr.Gadget 04-07-2011 03:37 PM

Just curious about GPS. I have been using this awesome build for a couple builds now but I have yet to get the GPS to work. I am currently on RC7. I've wiped between builds too. Any GPS tricks? Thanks!

teejay89 04-07-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget (Post 2081447)
Just curious about GPS. I have been using this awesome build for a couple builds now but I have yet to get the GPS to work. I am currently on RC7. I've wiped between builds too. Any GPS tricks? Thanks!

Get MSL reader, copy down your MSL. Flash into a Sense ROM. Follow Sprint Community: FIX FOR EVO GPS REBOOT (fixes Hero as... then do a NEW flash of the ROM you want (I would download RC9 before doing all of this, then flash that). Boom, should work great. I'm usually accurate down to 10 meters.

forty01 04-07-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget (Post 2081447)

I did my GPS Fix thing when I first transitioned to Gingerbread and haven't had a problem since. Hopefully RC9 gives you that extra kick and gets it going, but all previous RC's have worked for me... sorry.

Tannerj 04-07-2011 04:08 PM

Deck,

I installed RC9 and went through the google account setup once then went to the theme changer and Honeycomb theme and when it changed the google account setup came up again. I know this was brought up by someone else, but I wanted to let you know it has happened to me also. When I flashed to RC9, I wiped everything twice so I know there was nothing from the previous ROM.

Do you know what is causing this to happen.

teejay89 04-07-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannerj (Post 2081474)
Deck,

I installed RC9 and went through the google account setup once then went to the theme changer and Honeycomb theme and when it changed the google account setup came up again. I know this was brought up by someone else, but I wanted to let you know it has happened to me also. When I flashed to RC9, I wiped everything twice so I know there was nothing from the previous ROM.

Do you know what is causing this to happen.

I couldn't tell you what causes it, but this also happened to me when I switched to Cyanbread. All you have to do is hit the home button when that happens though, since you should have already set everything up.