PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   [10-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3][2.3.7 Stable] #Stablistic (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141521)

SouthernEvo 05-09-2011 11:06 AM

Re: [5-5-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.1][Release]

Quote:

Originally Posted by hachiroku (Post 2099205)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...st2089251.html

i've been contemplating setting the adjustment seconds to be a larger timeframe, but am pretty happy with the settings as of now. there is mild flickering when screen dims or brightens from full low to full high and vise versa. if this bugs you this set the adjustment window's to a larger length.

Sample Interval: 5s
Decrease Hysteresis: 20%

the way our EVO's are designed, the proximity brightness sensor is a bit sunk into the phone's screen. if i were to design this i would have not have the sensor sunk and add a tint to the screen as a filter. that way the light that the sensor actually picks up will be more accurate as the sensor is overly sensitive.

if you have issues of the screen becoming dim when it should not, simply tilt your phone face more towards the sky. the sensor will pickup the lighting and readjust within a few seconds. this mainly occurs when you're indoor with florescent lighting.

Thank you for posting this info I will see if this will help sensor usage and Android system spikes . I know now why I wasnt able to find this info I was only searchin this thread for it . Gonna have to expand my search in the future LOL . For the time being Im gonna sit on Myn's RLS5 that I have dressed up to look like Gingerbread till the issues are smoothed out . Hopefully 1.2 will address these issues .

hachiroku 05-09-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hachiroku (Post 2099208)
i dunno if anybody else is having this issue, but the camera focus with v1.1 has gotten worse.

i've downloaded every camera app on the market, and neither provides a better picture than the stock camera app. so i am beginning to think possibly it isnt the app but some core coding? the camera now doesn't even focus appropriately. it completes the action, but seems like it doesn't know what its doing as all pictures are blurry.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=11

i was able to find a EVO compatible MIUI Camera APK. the camera is much better than what is included with gingerbread, but still not as good as the sense based 2.2 htc camera app. at least we have touch focus. not sure if the camera application is highly compressing the pictures or that it just simply still is a tad blurry. as miui camera does not have configuration for image quality (fine, superfine, etc).

markyyy101 05-09-2011 02:12 PM

what i dont get is when i install the rom everything works perfectly fine, but the only problem is i dont have any google apps. for an example i dont got the market gmail youtube etc. can someone please explain? thank you

s4audi 05-09-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markyyy101 (Post 2099294)
what i dont get is when i install the rom everything works perfectly fine, but the only problem is i dont have any google apps. for an example i dont got the market gmail youtube etc. can someone please explain? thank you

Did you flash gapps??

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

rushco 05-09-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markyyy101 (Post 2099294)

Did you follow the instructions? Sounds like you didn't flash gapps which is step 6.

*Install Instructions*
1. Reboot into recovery. I use Amon's recovery.
2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.
3. Wipe Everything.
4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.
5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.
6. Flash gapps zip.
6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel as Tiamat or Savaged-Zen*
7. Reboot.
8. Enjoy gingerbread!

markyyy101 05-09-2011 02:26 PM

lol oh shit your right sorry and thanks:)

hachiroku 05-09-2011 02:36 PM

gapps only installs the minimal apps.

you will still need youtube, flash, etc that isn't google related.

Tilde88 05-09-2011 04:51 PM

eagerly waiting on 1.2 to get the hell out of all the CM7 sourced ROMs... they are ALL so unreliable. i trust scott from his SSD roms ;):headbang:

michaelm718 05-09-2011 04:57 PM

Just downloaded this rom and all is great except for my battery life which I've noticed with all 2.3.X builds, but one problem I've never encountered is that my text messages almost never get sent. If there are a few words it's fine but anything over a sentence it just stays sending forever! Very frustrating.. Any info? thanks!

mikejwf 05-09-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hachiroku (Post 2099264)
xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Installing MIUI camera in CM7

i was able to find a EVO compatible MIUI Camera APK. the camera is much better than what is included with gingerbread, but still not as good as the sense based 2.2 htc camera app. at least we have touch focus. not sure if the camera application is highly compressing the pictures or that it just simply still is a tad blurry. as miui camera does not have configuration for image quality (fine, superfine, etc).

great find! reminds me of the Sense camera, which is one of the few things I miss about the stock rom.