PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which ROM version would you be most likely to use?
FroYo Fusion with HTC Sense - already built 42 65.63%
FroYo Fusion "Senseless" - already built 12 18.75%
FroYo Fusion - less/no HTC apps (android dialer, keyboard, contacts, etc) - not built 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: [ROM] [FroYo Fusion 2.3] [Android 2.2 | Latest OTA Update] [Sense and Senseless]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion View Post
Thinking of building an AOSP rom, truly Sense and HTC free. Would anyone want that? Then we would have 3 rom choices.
I don't know about anyone else but I would love something like that. The ROM I used for the longest was just like that but 2.1 obviously.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
I don't know about anyone else but I would love something like that.
As would I...ill be flashing in a few to give it a run but 1st...it has the stock Kernel correct?

Edit: nevermind answered my own question...an i think the senseless rom jus became my new favorite.

Sent from Canadian Jigsaw's barn cus he got all the Rush records.

Last edited by ddark4eva; 08-06-2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: answered my own question
Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] [FroYo Fusion 2.3] [Android 2.2 | Latest OTA Update] [Sense and Senseless]

Great Rom but is anyone else having an issue with pic mail bouncing back with generic network failure on the Non-Sense version? Also it seems even on stock 2.2 with BT on for a call you can NOT surf and talk while on wifi like we used to be able to on 2.1. Not sure about with 4g but that will def need to get sorted out by Google or probably faster in the community.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddark4eva View Post
Aqua Teen Hunger Force???

Any verdict yet Fusion on if you are going to do it?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
U are correct lol

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo4G
Threadstarter

fusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to fusion Send a message via MSN to fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsp48 View Post
Great Rom but is anyone else having an issue with pic mail bouncing back with generic network failure on the Non-Sense version? Also it seems even on stock 2.2 with BT on for a call you can NOT surf and talk while on wifi like we used to be able to on 2.1. Not sure about with 4g but that will def need to get sorted out by Google or probably faster in the community.
Thanks! I've not seen any issues with picmail on my end. As for bluetooth, I never use it so maybe someone else has feedback on that??? I can test it on my end if not.

Quote:

Any verdict yet Fusion on if you are going to do it?
Well Carla, I was looking into it and I do think it is do-able but getting 4G to work with AOSP will take some serious work... I suppose though, for you, I could at least look into trying it.
By no means is it required, but if you appreciate my work feel free to buy me a beer

Last edited by fusion; 08-07-2010 at 12:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Ill give it a shot
Old 08-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
If you haven't already noticed this (shame on you!) the facebook app will not update via the market.

to get it to do so follow this process.

Clear data for Facebook app via system menu
Use Titanium Backup to uninstall the app via the Backup/Restore screen
Reboot the phone
Go to the market and download the facebook app

I'll whip up a zip patch for this tomorrow. but tonight i am dead ass tired.
I'm having this issue with multiple apps I try to update, titanium back up being one of them along wit paypal an launcher pro. Only on ur Rom(senseless) though. wuts causing this ?

Old 08-07-2010, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo4G
Threadstarter

fusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to fusion Send a message via MSN to fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddark4eva View Post
I'm having this issue with multiple apps I try to update, titanium back up being one of them along wit paypal an launcher pro. Only on ur Rom(senseless) though. wuts causing this ?

I noticed this as well. I also flashed CM6 last night in an effort to do some research about building an AOSP ROM and also noticed I was having the same issues on that ROM. Are you sure it's only on the senseless ROM though? My wife uses my ROM that includes sense and she had the facebook update issue on that. Obviously the work-around of removing the apk via adb shell or titanium works but is still sorta a pain in the ass. I also saw that Fresh ROM was experiencing the similar issues. I'm not sure if it's a 2.2 thing or what but I'm looking into it.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I noticed this as well. I also flashed CM6 last night in an effort to do some research about building an AOSP ROM and also noticed I was having the same issues on that ROM. Are you sure it's only on the senseless ROM though? My wife uses my ROM that includes sense and she had the facebook update issue on that. Obviously the work-around of removing the apk via adb shell or titanium works but is still sorta a pain in the ass. I also saw that Fresh ROM was experiencing the similar issues. I'm not sure if it's a 2.2 thing or what but I'm looking into it.
I meant I only tried the senseless version, I dont use Fresh but OMJ an Chiris's Sprint lovers rom dont hav this issue. Ill try the one with sense in a few minutes but i hope this can be fixed cus i took a liking to senseless.

Looking forward to that AOSP rom

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Tags
android, evo, froyo, rom, root