PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 01/26/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
Hmm ok I just loaded the rom and my messaging and gmail icons are stil the same old plain color...???

I was coming from the stock rooted re-engineered rom. I wiped twice. Any idea whats wrong for me?
This one will change the GMail Icon in the taskbar
Attached Files
File Type: zip Colored GMail Icons.zip (1.35 MB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

treedog5 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] 01/26/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

After i did the flash update a lot of my apps now have ads in the bottom of them. has any one else had this issue??
Old 01-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks Chris patch worked perfectly did not had to do any backup finally if we can keep the rom update with patch that would be awesome..

everytime i install latest version i always lose some settings - apps - data - record

this time it worked flawlessly. everything was there and did even notice i did any update..

thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution

djelmonstruo is keeping up the good workdjelmonstruo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to djelmonstruo Send a message via MSN to djelmonstruo
http://db.tt/NG8PuiRhttp://db.tt/Op9T35b
this is my baterry usage since the pacth from eyesterday.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Redbeard46 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedog5 View Post
After i did the flash update a lot of my apps now have ads in the bottom of them. has any one else had this issue??
are you using adfree? If so, this update had a new hosts file from what I understand. It might have replaced the adfree one, and doesnt have all the entries in it to block all the ads. just a guess.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
This one will change the GMail Icon in the taskbar
Thanks! (And yes I clicked the button...lol)

Ok so I'm gonna flash this...will it change the actual app icon too or just the notifier icon that shows up in the upper taskbar?

Any similar zip I can flash for the messaging icon?

Also...I wonder why the hec my icons didn't change when I flashed the rom??
Old 01-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700..6800..touch..diamond..pro

adrian2pm is becoming a great contributor

Chris, i rooted my friends which he got 2 days ago. i used unrevoked and this rom was included. we are having problems with video calls when we try yahoo or quik and tango nothing goes through but when we revert back to stock sprint roms it works..is there anything were doing wrong? we tried 3 different custom roms and get the same results video calls dont work..
Old 01-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian2pm View Post
Chris, i rooted my friends which he got 2 days ago. i used unrevoked and this rom was included. we are having problems with video calls when we try yahoo or quik and tango nothing goes through but when we revert back to stock sprint roms it works..is there anything were doing wrong? we tried 3 different custom roms and get the same results video calls dont work..
When you say you reverted back to stock sprint roms, did you unroot or where they stock rooted roms? I'm thinking it could be a camera hardware compatibility issue or radio issue. I was having radio issues also when I flashed the the "all in one" version of this rom. But it's hard to say for sure what could be causing your issue. Flash the updated radios by itself.

Here's my experience.
I flashed the "all in one" rom a couple of days ago and I had problems with my web browser not loading web pages. It would load normal until it reached apx 80% then my 3G data would stop cold. It did this on any and every web page I tried. I did a factory reset and it still did it. I did a full wipe using recovery and it still did it. I reflashed the rom again and it still did the exact same thing. It was as if my data would only work good when I pressed enter to go to a webpage but as soon as it got to apx. 80% loaded it stopped cold. I could refresh all day long and it would load up fine until the webpage got close to being fully loaded. It was very wierd.

So I wiped everything using recovery,flashed S-Off and flashed the stock 3.70 ruu to get my phone back to stock along with stock radios. Everything worked fine after that. I rerooted with unrevoked and decided to try the "stand alone" version instead, but it will not flash. I keep getting a message about the rom signature not being good or something to that effect. Does anybody know how to resolve this problem? I really want to run this rom but it refuses to flash. I have RA recovery 2.2.1, Hboot 2.10, hardware version 0003. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700..6800..touch..diamond..pro

adrian2pm is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
When you say you reverted back to stock sprint roms, did you unroot or where they stock rooted roms? I'm thinking it could be a camera hardware compatibility issue or radio issue. I was having radio issues also when I flashed the the "all in one" version of this rom. But it's hard to say for sure what could be causing your issue. Flash the updated radios by itself.

Here's my experience.
I flashed the "all in one" rom a couple of days ago and I had problems with my web browser not loading web pages. It would load normal until it reached apx 80% then my 3G data would stop cold. It did this on any and every web page I tried. I did a factory reset and it still did it. I did a full wipe using recovery and it still did it. I reflashed the rom again and it still did the exact same thing. It was as if my data would only work good when I pressed enter to go to a webpage but as soon as it got to apx. 80% loaded it stopped cold. I could refresh all day long and it would load up fine until the webpage got close to being fully loaded. It was very wierd.

So I wiped everything using recovery,flashed S-Off and flashed the stock 3.70 ruu to get my phone back to stock along with stock radios. Everything worked fine after that. I rerooted with unrevoked and decided to try the "stand alone" version instead, but it will not flash. I keep getting a message about the rom signature not being good or something to that effect. Does anybody know how to resolve this problem? I really want to run this rom but it refuses to flash. I have RA recovery 2.2.1, Hboot 2.10, hardware version 0003. Thanks in advance.
I reflashed using the stock Tom without unrooting and it worked but everytime I try custom can't get video chat to work it's like blocked

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2011, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you flashed the stock sprint ruu from your pc, then that will remove your custom recovery leaving you unable to flash a custom rom. Hboot S-On will remain but you still need to get a custom recovery back on your phone if you want to be able to flash custom roms. This will require you to reroot. I can't think of any other reasons why you can't video call with custom roms yet you can on a stock rom. You really should flash the S-On tool by unrevoked and unroot by flashing the stock ota 3.70 rom AGAIN. This will put you back to fresh out of box condition. Test, then reroot but this time start by flashing a different rom that DOES NOT include the radios because you will already have them from flashing the new ota 3.70 sprint ruu. This is what i would do if I were you.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development