PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 01/26/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Try doing a Profile update and a PRL update.. that should get things moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyClone22 View Post
Hey guys, something I've noticed over the last few days that I can't send any email from my Gmail app, it stays in the outbox and shows a status of 'sending' constantly, never updating. Anyone else having this issue with the Gmail app?

If I sign into Gmail on my laptop and send, everything is fine.

I'm on the latest ROM from 1/26.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ROM] 01/26/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Chris, do you have any plans to support Rom Updater by Giacomo Furlan?? Its in the market place...
Old 02-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Ok.. I have rooted.. and followed instructions on this site:

[ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02/2.10 SOFF - There Will Be Root - Upd. 02.09.11 - xda-developers

I wanted to make sure I saved my RSA keys...heard all the horror stories. At the end of the
instructions.. it says "The rom you just flashed is Sprint Lovers rom with the modified recovery". Ok... how I know what ROM it is or which version of Sprint Lovers it was? When I was on WM (TP2) the name and version of the rom showed up when you checked the software version.

second question...I don't understand the hotspot...I know what it's supposed to do...but I can't get anything to see it. Do I use the app in apps...or the app in settings under wireless networks.

I am still learning...and this is the first custom android app I have flashed...(I flashed many in my WM days...but be gentle.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

searcher61,
I would go ahead and re-download the latest Sprint Lovers rom from the first of this thread. Then clear my caches and reflash it. That way you know you are using the latest version of Sprint lovers.

Try that, and see if that also fixes your hotspot issue as well.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 02-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
searcher61,
I would go ahead and re-download the latest Sprint Lovers rom from the first of this thread. Then clear my caches and reflash it. That way you know you are using the latest version of Sprint lovers.

Try that, and see if that also fixes your hotspot issue as well.
Ok.. I will try.. but which of the Rom's do I choose?..I see 2 of them in the first post. Also..I still don't know how to tell which ROM or version I flashed after its done. Where does it say it on the phone after the flash?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Grab the first one since it includes baseband and radios and such. This way you know you have the latest stuff from Chris's rom.

As far as telling which rom you have afterwards, I am not quite sure honestly. I think its totally up to the chef as to how they set that up. You can tell alot by going into the settings menu and then going to "about phone".
Old 02-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Grab the first one since it includes baseband and radios and such. This way you know you have the latest stuff from Chris's rom.

As far as telling which rom you have afterwards, I am not quite sure honestly. I think its totally up to the chef as to how they set that up. You can tell alot by going into the settings menu and then going to "about phone".

Thanks for your help... I had checked in Settings --> about phone -->sofware information and it did not see anything that told me which ROM or version of custom rom I was running. That why I asked.

My computer will now see the hotspot...but the computer says there is no DNS.

One last question.....ah...who am I kidding, this won't be my last question. But, do I have to have 4G to use the hot spot?

Last edited by searcher61; 02-17-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyClone22 View Post
Hey guys, something I've noticed over the last few days that I can't send any email from my Gmail app, it stays in the outbox and shows a status of 'sending' constantly, never updating. Anyone else having this issue with the Gmail app?

If I sign into Gmail on my laptop and send, everything is fine.

I'm on the latest ROM from 1/26.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.
Uninstall Gmail, then reinstall it, that did the trick for me

EVO on Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2011, 06:02 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Nice article/spotlight (Q&A) about Chris.....

PPCGeeks.com ยป [Q&A] PPCGeeks Spotlight: chris1683
Old 02-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Vogz is a n00b

So I rooted my phone a couple of days ago with Unrevoked 3. Worked great. Did an NANDROID backup. Backed up all settings and apps with My backup and Titanium backup.

Decided I wanted my first ROM to be just an optimized stocker with some extra features so the Sprint Lovers ROM seemed perfect. I downloaded it and flashed it on after wiping all my cache.

Everything went perfectly. My only issue now is that it looks exactly like my stock ROM. The screen shots on page 1 with the controls in the notification pull-down and battery percentage in the battery icon are not there. It runs very smooth and the battery life is awesome, but I was looking forward to those features. Did I do something wrong?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development