PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 11/26/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
did you try OMJ 4.0 rom and whats you taughts on it?
OMJ - Azarel tried them all and battery life keep bringing me back to sprint lover's rom

don't get me wrong they are all good roms i have no complaint but my need is battery and faster rom and i found my theme so i loaded the theme on this rom

clock -taskbar - apps

now i am set...
Old 11-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ROM] 11/26/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Ok looking for a little help..after screwing around for a few weeks and installing every application known to man, i started having problems, so i decided to wipe the device and start over. when I booted up, the wifi teather was missing, but everything else worked fine sooo...
  • I downloaded the full update from the mirror
  • I loaded the new image to the SD card
  • I wiped the data and all the caches
  • tried to flash the rom and it said the update file was missing
I was able to do my nandroid, but what am I doing wrong to flash the latest sprint lovers rom?

Thanks in advance!!

**EDIT**
  • Redownloaded the rom from the "download" link
  • Replaced the zip
  • tried the flash again, and I am up and running again....must have been a bad download

Last edited by neudof; 11-29-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thanks, can you attach the HTC Translator Widget too?
Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I downloaded the attached HTC Tip Calculator.apk file, however when using Root Explorer or Astro File Explorer, it won't install.........keeps showing "application not installed"
Old 11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
Ok looking for a little help..after screwing around for a few weeks and installing every application known to man, i started having problems, so i decided to wipe the device and start over. when I booted up, the wifi teather was missing, but everything else worked fine sooo...
  • I downloaded the full update from the mirror
  • I loaded the new image to the SD card
  • I wiped the data and all the caches
  • tried to flash the rom and it said the update file was missing
I was able to do my nandroid, but what am I doing wrong to flash the latest sprint lovers rom?

Thanks in advance!!

**EDIT**
  • Redownloaded the rom from the "download" link
  • Replaced the zip
  • tried the flash again, and I am up and running again....must have been a bad download
What i do is copy the pc36img file to root of the sd and start your phone in recovery power off hold down volume and power buttom together.

it look for you pc3img file it will ask you to update say no by pressing the volume down and go into recovery

then select wipe

1. factory wipe twice
2 wipe cahche twice
3. wipe dev/cahce twice

no power off phone and eboot into recovery and this time say yes to update make sure you have the zip file to root of sd and do not extract it.

good luck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mpeters13 is a n00b

I was an idiot and decided to uninstall the multitouch keyboard, in favor of the normal one. Now every other keyboard force closes. Is there anyway way someone could share the multitouch keyboard apk loaded with this ROM? I would really appreciate it. I would love to avoid another hard reset.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Ok all help me out here. The whole time I had my original EVO 0002 version, the backlight for the 4 round hardware buttons at the bottom of the screen, stayed lit whenever my screen was on, period. Now that I got the 0003 replacement device, it seems like either HTC changed something or my second replacement is borked. Now the 4 buttons seem to light sometimes and sometimes not. I can't tell if there is some kind of pattern, or if it is tied to the sensor for adjusting the display brightness, or if its just broke. What are other hardware version 0003 owners seeing with your phones, or know regarding this?

Thanks
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 11-30-2010, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeters13 View Post
I was an idiot and decided to uninstall the multitouch keyboard, in favor of the normal one. Now every other keyboard force closes. Is there anyway way someone could share the multitouch keyboard apk loaded with this ROM? I would really appreciate it. I would love to avoid another hard reset.
Does this work for you?
Attached Files
File Type: apk z_Multi-Touch_Keyboard.apk (970.6 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
it look for you pc3img file it will ask you to update say no by pressing the volume down and go into recovery

then select wipe

1. factory wipe twice
2 wipe cahche twice
3. wipe dev/cahce twice

no power off phone and eboot into recovery and this time say yes to update make sure you have the zip file to root of sd and do not extract it.

good luck
Interesting thing is this never works for me. I have to go about doing it using a different method. When I get to the part after it looks for the PC36IMG.zip and I press down it asks me to reboot, I say no and it takes me to Bootloader, recovery, clear storage, & Hboot. If I select recovery it takes me back to the same process. I forget what I did last time to get to the method you suggested. But this time I ended up downloading Rom manager and getting to the factory wipe and wipe cache that way. I didn't see Wipe dev/cache
Old 11-30-2010, 12:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mpeters13 is a n00b

Thank you so much!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development