PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
Re: Sprint HTC Evo 4G Shipped ROM

Who can I get with to throw some funds towards a grass ROOT effort to get this bad boy hacked and cracked in record time?

Shell
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
Who can I get with to throw some funds towards a grass ROOT effort to get this bad boy hacked and cracked in record time?

Shell
eh...why not. i'll pledge $20.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

ace27 is a n00b

lets do it
Old 05-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Anyone got a kitchen up yet?
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Rooted, yeah!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:46 AM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
Rooted, yeah!

huh???????
Old 05-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

XxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks frosty i thanked your post as well. I am super excited to get this device i get to go to some training on june 2nd cant wait to get my hands on one.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
You guys don't even have the phone yet for almost 2 weeks let alone root may not be possible. Xda is having a hard time cracking the new 2.1 release on the hero.
Done and done.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/24/h...rd-time-video/
Old 05-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Since it looks like its rooted already (unless something changes by the actual release), you should be able to install the wireless tether app from the Market to enable a hot spot feature. Someone would have to test it on the Evo though.

With Froyo, I now have the hot spot ability with stock, but apparently that's going to be left up to the carriers as they upgrade their devices. My guess is that most of them won't allow it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Since it looks like its rooted already (unless something changes by the actual release), you should be able to install the wireless tether app from the Market to enable a hot spot feature. Someone would have to test it on the Evo though.

With Froyo, I now have the hot spot ability with stock, but apparently that's going to be left up to the carriers as they upgrade their devices. My guess is that most of them won't allow it.
hummm. and since when has that stopped us? heck, if it's already rooted and not even out yet, i'm thinking there are going to be some pretty amazing things that we'll be about to do with this bad boy.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Tags
android, htc evo, sprint, wdm, whosdaman