PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

liriel is keeping up the good workliriel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 11/26/09

Anyone know how I can use the Manila 2.1 slider icons? I am not a big fan of the colourful 2.5 icons.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:37 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 11/26/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I know that you are using calks kitchen base and adding in new SYS when they come out. Are you altering anything in the SYS and ROM folders to work with Sense 2.5? Reason I ask is that I built roms from your original kitchen using the SYS that were provided and things worked just fine, but when i tried to add SYS that da_reeseboy released, for some reason Sense would just cycle instead of starting. I will admit that i went through the VK and deselected all of the EXTs that said 'message' of some sorts in them so i could cook in the new PeopleMessage Client from Amarullz. Is that possibly what is causing manila not to boot? Otherwise im gonna just extract your kitchen again and add your new EXT package.
yes, for starters I recmod all the recommended modules, I also make a few regedits, but nothing that would cause sense not to start.

You only need to disable HTC Messaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I know how you feel. I wish i understood the whole recmodding thing and what files to do it to but I am oblivious. Heck, I even tried just turning Da_Gs SYS into VK usable and got lost. Lol
I just did it today....very time consuming, here is a good guide @ EDTP for recmodding http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=490

attached is the tool I use to recmod, just drag the file on top of SuperRecMod.vbs file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Just look for recmodcommon.bat in the 'recmodding slot 0' thread at everythingdiamond.info chef's corner forum. Add it to the send-to menu of windows and all you have to do is right-click on the shared/common folder and click send-to recmodcommon.bat. It then recmods everything 'safe' that joojoo figured out. Simple and saves tons of time .
aww man, that sounds even easier...thx

here is the post.... http://www.everythingdiamond.info/sh...&postcount=118

Quote:
Originally Posted by liriel View Post
Anyone know how I can use the Manila 2.1 slider icons? I am not a big fan of the colourful 2.5 icons.
I dont believe so, I've already deleted them from the kitchen
Attached Files
File Type: rar Super Recmod.rar (8.3 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by OMJ; 12-03-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ok so after not seeing it anywhere i decided to post it just in case it pissed someone off as it did me... on the calendar tab the bk4a is never working... after digging in to it saw that there was 2 files that had a gray background in them so i just made them transparent... and now behind the calendar u can see your background.

2 manila files in the zip and u just gotta copy over to windows dir after disabling manila.... if not working just soft reset and it will.
i wanna point out that they are cfc compressed so if u using non cfc 2.5 it might not work.

http://hotfile.com/dl/19453904/bf2e1...endar.rar.html

if anyone can make a cab that would be nice, and if u cooking u can just overwrite the existing file that are in the calendar folder of the 2.5 wvga folder.
good luck and i hope it helps some people.

Last edited by amikam; 12-03-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:02 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Just look for recmodcommon.bat in the 'recmodding slot 0' thread at everythingdiamond.info chef's corner forum. Add it to the send-to menu of windows and all you have to do is right-click on the shared/common folder and click send-to recmodcommon.bat. It then recmods everything 'safe' that joojoo figured out. Simple and saves tons of time .
I tried the recmodcommon.bat tool, very nice but got this error on every module....

Quote:
Failed to rename the "C:\ppc\28008\SHARED\COMMON\AdobeFlash\flashlite.d ll" module folder. Please verify there are no file locks on this folder. Nothing has been done to this module.
when I went into the \SHARED\COMMON\AdobeFlash folder I noticed the .dlls were renamed to .dllold, but I did not see the files. So I'm guessing all my files were "read only"?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:37 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mono View Post
In a moment of stupidity I tried to create an even "lighter" version of your rom... fortunately I was able to restore it back to my original lite version after downloading your kitchen again on 12/1 (first downloaded kitchen on 11/29 ?). Seems slightly smoother too.
Now my stupid question - since I like this so much I now have this lingering concern that it is going to expire and I'll have to replace it. While a quick search seems to have answered that question - I still worry. Is an expiration something to be expected? Or has this issue been removed(registry changes)?
El Mono
P.S. Very happy with OMJ 28002!
no, there should be no worry about expiring, even w/ the 6.5.1 roms, VK autopatches so there's no timebomb
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ FOX ROM
Carrier: Page Plus and AT&T

explisiv is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to explisiv Send a message via MSN to explisiv Send a message via Yahoo to explisiv

hey OMJ i got big problems, my antivirus is detecting everything in the kitchen files as infected with partial virus code? i

is this something i should be worried about or is that normal? i use Avast antivirus. and i cant update my fox roms
Old 12-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

komman is a n00b

I am having trouble with 28008 build. I am building without the NoHTCMessaging fix since I dont use MMS, but the SMS is not working. The phone never switches to 1X and messages stay in the outbox. HTCMessaging is selected in the kitchen.
What am I missing? Thank you.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:23 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by explisiv View Post
hey OMJ i got big problems, my antivirus is detecting everything in the kitchen files as infected with partial virus code? i

is this something i should be worried about or is that normal? i use Avast antivirus. and i cant update my fox roms
It sounds like a false positive. Try downloading Microsoft Security Essentials (very good AV scanner) and see if it identifies it too. I don't get any virus detections in the files.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

86gn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by komman View Post
I am having trouble with 28008 build. I am building without the NoHTCMessaging fix since I dont use MMS, but the SMS is not working. The phone never switches to 1X and messages stay in the outbox. HTCMessaging is selected in the kitchen.
What am I missing? Thank you.
Ok try this, make sure in the kitchen you have (under 1920_required) htc messaging_client set to false and the set the amarullz no messaging and the arcsoft both set to true.

That should get ya working...I know its not the same but this fix works great for the sms sending

Last edited by 86gn; 12-03-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Cordy is becoming a great contributor

@OMJ I take it the kitchen posted on the ftp is your updated version you're currently using.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development