PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 06:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Re: GPS vs A-GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
I'll be damned too, turned on wifi without connecting to a network and google maps gets my location to within 90m without GPS! This is even more precise than than the old ROM was locating (1000m) without GPS. Weird stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
probably because it already had your location saved
I'm gonna post @ XDA about the aGPS issue
So there is a way to be sure that GPS radio is complety OFF??? (I mean it will not drop the battery life)?? If this is posible I think I will stop use "Destinator 9" and start use Google Maps!!
EDIT: Damm, to quick my idea is not worthly, google maps get no direction guide in my area, Damm it!!
Anyway, I remmenber how Palm Treos user complain about "MAPS" doesn't work until A-GPS is working (which it will not work if you are off a cdma area, as a highway without mobil signal or a rural area without CDMA, which make a PAIN IN THE ASS the DEPENDECNY to A-GPS signal for PALM TREOS. but also if my memory doesn't fail I don't remmeber they complain about "MAPS" eating the Battery Life. Any old "Palm Treo" here??
So I guess there is no Perfect World.

OMJ, Talking about perfect world, I was watching last HTC releases and I get this thought (don't worry asking nothig to you, indeed is for HTC developers but have no clue where to make them reach this idea as they said in Barcelona they listen to their clients).
So, I like (haven't try but the idea looks great) the new "
seven-screen ‘Leap’ thumbnail view" (for quick/easy access to specific screens). Yeah I now we don't have android but this can be "HTC Tab Switch "LEAP"".
Imaging this: no more "TAB ROW" to scroll (anyway you can SCROLL TABs without using the bottom ROW) , I know everyone first time like use HTC Tabs row but after a while, after "NEWISH" effect, it stop and you start realize it is not so quick to go from tab one to tab nine, so "HTC TABS row" are not the heaven
Even more,
Maybe I'm just imagine this but maybe if you analize better the HTC MINI HD video you can see no more "start button" soft key and "X" soft key. We don't have all it hard button but something similar to "AEButtonPlus" can help. So we can forgot of "start button" soft key and "X" soft key, so again more free space and ROW more thin.
Finally it only lack that they replace "HTC TABS ROW" (I mean no more this row) with "HTC TAB SWITCH "LEAP"" and VoilĂ*, Magnific, Bravo!!!
In Wish there are no SIN, but I know I left my imagination fly sometimes, also I hate
HTC MINI HD resolution 320X480 HVGA, it could be so easy if it was VGA or even WVGA, but again our screen are not perfect and evolution cames naturaly. Best Regards Sabroso.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HTC_WM_6.5.7_and_HTC_LEAP_TAB.jpg (146.9 KB, 40 views) Click for barcode!
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 03-04-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:59 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 23541 | 2/26

has anyone tried the new HD mini lockscreen from HTC? it was ported to VGA here . It's not too bad, maybe alittle better than the WM lockscreen.....here's a SS:

to change the background pic (which the default is solid grey), take any 480x640 image, rename to nero.png, and copy to \windows. there's also another slider posted in that thread that is more transparent.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tssi is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 23541 | 2/26

Quote:
has anyone tried the new HD mini lockscreen from HTC? it was ported to VGA here . It's not too bad, maybe alittle better than the WM lockscreen.....here's a SS:

to change the background pic (which the default is solid grey), take any 480x640 image, rename to nero.png, and copy to \windows. there's also another slider posted in that thread that is more transparent.
OMJ, Love your ROM, Long time lurker 1st time poser.

Which version do you use VGA or WVGA?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tspideyr is just getting started

The latest 6.5.5 rom is great!! Super Fast and the font is really easy to read, lol
I installed the HD Mini lockscreen, its really good, does anyone know of a good program to autolock the phone when you press the power button?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:12 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tssi View Post
OMJ, Love your ROM, Long time lurker 1st time poser.

Which version do you use VGA or WVGA?
Our Diamonds are VGA Resolution
Old 03-04-2010, 01:22 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspideyr View Post
The latest 6.5.5 rom is great!! Super Fast and the font is really easy to read, lol
I installed the HD Mini lockscreen, its really good, does anyone know of a good program to autolock the phone when you press the power button?
I posted "LockDevice" in that thread, it works great

here, i'll attach here...
Attached Files
File Type: cab LockDevice_V1.6.2.CAB (45.1 KB, 40 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tssi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspideyr View Post
Our Diamonds are VGA Resolution
Thanks. That answer it all.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:25 PM
N00b

Quote:
I posted "LockDevice" in that thread, it works great

here, i'll attach here...
Thanks! Gonna try it now...
Old 03-04-2010, 01:50 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

Does this lockscreen use the WM lock? I need to use a passcode to lock my device for work, which is why I can't use Manila locker. I'd love to have some kind of slider that prompts for a password after sliding. With Manila locker, if I use a WM passcode, the ugly/useless WM lockscreen displays over the nice-looking Manila locker. Right now I'm using S2U2, which is great, but it also doesn't use the WM passcode.

Thanks,
JZR
Old 03-04-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work

A bit of a naive question for anyone...how do you update a program such as Opera that's cooked into a ROM with a newer version. Tried with regular cab but that doesn't seem to work.

Jim

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development