PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 05:59 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duba22y View Post
I checked briefly and didn't come across this in the posts (though I may have missed it), but has anyone else noticed that the "Home" button on the Diamond itself doesn't do anything? For me, "Start" flashes on the top right of the screen for a second, but it doesn't actually do anything. I'm running 28005. I flashed twice, but nothing worked.

*Edit* So apparently it just works differently I guess. Rather than go to the Today screen from wherever you are, it takes you from whichever program to the last tab. It'll take some time to get used to I guess.
Have you soft reset? Cause i cant go directly to the home tab from any other tab by hitting the home button.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Plutonium0587 is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

Looks like there is a fix for the album artwork problem over at XDA.
I can confirm this works. I edited the registry myself but I'm sure the cab is fine too! Maybe this can get worked in at some point OMJ? If I knew how to do it, I would convert it to an EXT or something for the kitchen. Maybe I can attempt later today.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1067
Old 12-14-2009, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonium0587 View Post
I can confirm this works. I edited the registry myself but I'm sure the cab is fine too! Maybe this can get worked in at some point OMJ? If I knew how to do it, I would convert it to an EXT or something for the kitchen. Maybe I can attempt later today.

to cook it u just need to add those reg edit to any .reg file that exists in any package that u cook in and it should work.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Plutonium0587 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
to cook it u just need to add those reg edit to any .reg file that exists in any package that u cook in and it should work.
Ok I'll try that, I may PM you if you know a lot about that stuff and ask you a few questions.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Ok I'll try that, I may PM you if you know a lot about that stuff and ask you a few questions.
no problem... i got a final in an hour and tomorrow another one.. so i probably wont respond until Wednesday.
but it should be easy... u make me feel like i should have just uploaded the original app.reg file and tell everyone to replace that with the existing one...
now that i think about it... ill just do that later tonight.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
can confirm IMAP/POP gmail both work fine for me on 28011.
I can also confirm that both exchange and IMAP accounts cause the freeze in 28005... Never had it in 28002

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: PagePlus

tlittell is just getting started

Quote:

Plutonium, I added the entries and that fixed it. Thanks for researching.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:35 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlittell View Post
Been running 28005 for about a week and it's great, thanks OMJ!

Is the 'Shop Music Store' or 'Update Album Art' option supposed to work or are they disabled? When I choose either TF3D restarts.

here is the fix, courtesy of amikam

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
I FOUND THE FIX TO ALBUM ART UPDATING!!!

ok so there are 2 reg edits missing...
ill just put them here and a cab
here it is:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Music]
"Cust_Music_Store"=dword:1 (dont have to add it for it to work)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\AudioManager_Eng\i nformation]
"connect_setting"=dword:1 (must add)

ok so for anyone who would like to cook it in just add these two edits to any app.reg (or any .reg file) inside a package that u r cooking into your rom.

and the cab: (if anyone has more then those two reg edits missing)
http://hotfile.com/dl/20592367/3f3fe...a_2.5.cab.html

u might need to soft reset after... but these are the two reg edit u would need to add and everything works like a charm!!!
edit: only the "connect_setting" must be added although the other one will add an extra tab to the menu in the "update album art" tab after u update so that u can see what it found and be able to download the pic's (atleast i think thats what that does, cuz i noticed that on nrg rom it never gave me that option but only once i added those two it work for me on a rom that i cooked using mystery kitchen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
I can confirm that the email freezing on 28005 is not just your ROM, OMJ. It's happening in mine too and I cant seem to find a fix for it
me neither....I'm testing a 28014 ROM, it's only happened 2x, very intermittent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech8704 View Post
OMJ,

any new updates for the 28002. i have been running this rom for about 10 days.
no, but I'm working on 28014 that will include the manila locker & newer album 3.2 for facebook uploading

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillfearnoevil View Post
my texting and email is constantly freezing too on 6.5.3 [28008] ... click on message to open and it says loading at bottom and hangs ... can't power it down, not responsive ... must pull battery or push reset button on back ... i did flash to stock & hard reset before flashing to this & hard resetting it so think it's a legit problem of the rom ... gotta go back to stock as this is making me lose messages ...

theres a reason 28008 is not on the 1st page, it was a test rom, that I shiiitcanned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
I had this problem with both 28005 and 28008 ROMs. However, it never occurred using Exchange activesync, only when I added an IMAP account. I don't know if Google activesync behaves as Exchange activesync, but I assume that it would.

JZR
mine is opposite. intermittent freezing on exchange, fine on pop3/imap...and it only happens when it says "loading message" at the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by duba22y View Post
I checked briefly and didn't come across this in the posts (though I may have missed it), but has anyone else noticed that the "Home" button on the Diamond itself doesn't do anything? For me, "Start" flashes on the top right of the screen for a second, but it doesn't actually do anything. I'm running 28005. I flashed twice, but nothing worked.

*Edit* So apparently it just works differently I guess. Rather than go to the Today screen from wherever you are, it takes you from whichever program to the last tab. It'll take some time to get used to I guess.

you need to reset after 1st boot, then it will go home when u hit the home button
Old 12-15-2009, 03:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

duba22y is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
you need to reset after 1st boot, then it will go home when u hit the home button
Awesome, thanks again OMJ!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm running 28005 v1.2 without any freezing or problems with sms or email. Can't wait till the next release. I'm getting kind of bored with my diamond. I dropped it the other day by accident and it didn't either bother me! I can't beleive it. Where's the diamond replacement Sprint!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development