PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 04:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mre981 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 11-2 | ROM | WM 6.5 | Rhodium 2.1 || GadgetROM v1.95 || 21869

Downloaded new rom--but major problems--I can't download my Windows Live mail even with installing the WL Cab file. My phone is running horribly slow and the battery is just terrible. I liked the 1.7 rom-it was awesome but this one I'm having a hard time with. I flashed to stock first and hard reset device. Can someone please help?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

TimBal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by black7 View Post
I've been wanting to try out this rom. Can someone comment on the speed? Any lag issues? I'm still on a 6.1 ROM after having some slowness issues with 6.5 ROMs. Wondering how this ROM stacks up on that end.

Thanks!
Very fast. No lag on mine. Best one I've had and I have flashed quite a few.
Current Radio: Sprint 1:11
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:40 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
Gadget, didn't you remove secondtoday in V1.9, why is it back in 1.95? Anything new?
Yeah, it's supposed to have been gone. I'll double check my set up. Maybe I overlooked it by mistake.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Diamond

Saturn2888 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Yeah, it's supposed to have been gone. I'll double check my set up. Maybe I overlooked it by mistake.
Wasn't SecondToday just a way to turn off stuff in your Today screen and rearrange it? I really liked that functionality. Did it move somewhere else?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

rokclimbertx is a n00b

just flashed by internal storage (at work/on mac so no active sync)...

i'm experiencing the phone locking up after restarts... installed facebook that requires a restart and phone never reboots...

edit to fix syntax

Last edited by rokclimbertx; 11-05-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
The other thing I noticed is the good-looking dialer is gone (or the phone canvas, where we used to have the same background black pix as all other tabs). Now it looks like the stock dialer with white background which looks kinda ugly. Is there a way to bring that back, I mean the phone canvas?

Auto rotation is still not working on my phone. Not opera, not any application even if I configed it in G-config.

And did you by chance to use a different base rom instead of the v1.9 for the modification of 1.95? From the "device info", it says Gadgetrom 1.8, and I also noticed that my Opera is still 9.5 17628 instead of the 9.7 listed in rom 1.9.

And I have to report some of the bugs on 1.95 too. Coming from 1.5, I feel 1.95 has more bugs.

1. the update PRL/Profile did not work. Click on the icon, nothing happened. I tried to install the cab of sprint prl/profile update which I used for other universal carrier roms, still no go.

2. Opera 9.5 (not 9.7 as listed) opened up ppcgeeks.com failure (ironic). Every time I tried to open the homepage of ppcgeeks.com, it loaded the graphics/texts gradually and then shut itself off suddenly. Clicked on the task manager, and Opera is not there, so it was indeed shut off while opening up the webpage.

Gadget, would you please check into this?

Last edited by Procter; 11-05-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: 10-30 | ROM | WM 6.5 | Rhodium 2.1 || GadgetROM v1.9 || 21869 Halloween Edition

Quote:
I'm uploading a slightly tweaked version of 1.95 for Sprint. I've removed Windows Live, added the FM radio and fixed the Start Menu. If this one checks out okay, I'll get the other carrier versions built and get the links changed in the first post.

Sprint 1.95a

any chance of a bell version of 1.95a or for your next version
Your roms look good and would like to give it a try
Old 11-05-2009, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain_man View Post
How do i find wich prl i am using with this rom, i normall go to settings, device information. but the prl is no longer listed. i need to check for a hybid prl being forced to my phone to fix roaming issues.

thanks for info

Rain
From dialer, ##778#, "view", click bottom left "info", get to "prl" then you can see PRL version.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Telus

Clonester is a n00b

I'm having a problem with the calendar. It shows my appointments for a second but then they disappear. Any reason why? I used PIM Backup to save my appointments from my previous ROM so I thought this might be the problem. But I added a new appointment and it did the same thing- it appeared for a second, then disappeared.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

any chance we can get this rom with an optional titanium today? (for those of us who like to switch regularly)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development