PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 02:39 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 8/12/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23025,21828 - Generic | All Carriers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
If you don't like the finger-friendly crap and prefer the way the battery/clock displayed before, then I would say go with 21840. I started the mass upload just a few minutes ago, but the 21840 diamond sys is the first one to upload so it should be there in 20 minutes or so. The rest will take an hour, so I won't be posting links in the first page until I get back from lunch (in a couple hours). But here is the link to the mediafire folder its getting uploaded to - http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a...e6ba49b5870170

You will want the 21840.rar file for the diamond sys.
Just downloaded it! Will play with it at the airport tonight.

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:15 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: 8/12/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23025,21828 - Generic | All Carriers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
I like the idea of the new Sys, but wanted to add the Gen.y Manila from XDA. How do I go about adding that? Simply dropping the folders into OEM doesn't give it to me.

Also, took a quick stab at cooking myself w/ the new sys, and somehow missed having a Task Manager on the title bar? Not sure how that works!?!
If you mean the 23025 sys, the HTC task manager is not compatible with it because of the UI changes. I'll take a glance at the gen.y Manilla over there when I have a moment and see.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:18 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
I love the new style, it just doenst seem reasonable to use for everyday use. Any advice on your favoriate most stable SYS files???
Personally I like the changes to the UI in 23025. But 21840 is what I would recommend if you don't like the finger-friendly UI. 218xx is stable and mature... its just receiving minor tweaks now.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:23 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
If you mean the 23025 sys, the HTC task manager is not compatible with it because of the UI changes. I'll take a glance at the gen.y Manilla over there when I have a moment and see.
Well, actually it is compatible with the sys, it just overlaps the time display on the title bat if you have that option enabled in the task manager settings. I disabled the reg key in my task manager package, so that it wouldn't show, but the app is still in the rom. Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:41 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Well, actually it is compatible with the sys, it just overlaps the time display on the title bat if you have that option enabled in the task manager settings. I disabled the reg key in my task manager package, so that it wouldn't show, but the app is still in the rom. Hope that helps.
Really? Sweet. When I installed it but disabled the task bar icon, it messed up the task bar when you pressed the start menu, but that was 23022. I assumed that was going to be an ongoing issue with 230xx builds. But if not I'll recook it with HTC task manager.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:47 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Re: 8/13/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23025,21840 - Generic | All Carriers -

21840 is up! As Indagroove pointed out, its a slightly older build and from a different branch of development.

It is quite stable and is using the older UI for those who don't like the newer "finger-friendly" setup.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

mtstmp is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
I like the idea of the new Sys, but wanted to add the Gen.y Manila from XDA. How do I go about adding that? Simply dropping the folders into OEM doesn't give it to me.

Also, took a quick stab at cooking myself w/ the new sys, and somehow missed having a Task Manager on the title bar? Not sure how that works!?!
From what I understand, the OEMs from xda were for a visual kitchen, not like the OEMs we use in Calku's or similar. I was browsing yesterday and saw someone was working on porting them over to be used in our type of kitchens.

I cooked one with htc task manager in and it only appears on the today screen. It works, but the 6.5 task menu conflicts with it, you have to press way on the edge of the screen.

Edit: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8117 this oem might work, haven't had a chance to try

Last edited by mtstmp; 08-13-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

jkfoxworth is just getting started

Quote:
I was actually considering adding clauncher to titanium and putting task manager in that.
FYI - I'm using Sac Warriors 23025 build and he has a program called showcase. When I first used this the task manager would show over the time in the right hand corner of the main screen. There is a showcase settings on the programs page where you can set the settings. One of the settings is to hide the icon but if you touch the time the task manager will pop up if there is a program running. Don't know if this will help or not
Old 08-13-2009, 08:57 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 8/13/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23025,21840 - Generic | All Carriers -

Everytime I put your Rom Sys folders in Calks Kitchen I get in error in BuildOS. Pretty much every file inside of the OEM Drivers folder dsnapi.dll. Now I looked at other kitchens by calk and they all include this folder with no issues. Im afraid that it is causing my build problems because I am deleting the whole folder. Any idea what is causing this error? Thank you.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

I use the dnsapi.dll included in the sys instead of the one in the oem. Deleting the one in the oem should cause no probs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development