PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 03:12 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6/1/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 21728 - Generic | All Carriers -

Thanks to indagroove I have youtube working again. Now I'm just trying to find an EzInput keyboard I like enough to add in.

Goldengraham: any ideas? Since I'll probably use the full qwerty anyway, do you care about the 3 letters per key?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:29 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
Thanks to indagroove I have youtube working again. Now I'm just trying to find an EzInput keyboard I like enough to add in.

Goldengraham: any ideas? Since I'll probably use the full qwerty anyway, do you care about the 3 letters per key?
NP, bro.

I just packaged up Merdinh's latest black SIP today. It's not EZ 2.0, but it's pretty slick. If you want the package, hit me up on IM. I'm watching the baby, if I don't respond right away..

Old 06-02-2009, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell

goldengraham is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
NP, bro.

I just packaged up Merdinh's latest black SIP today. It's not EZ 2.0, but it's pretty slick. If you want the package, hit me up on IM. I'm watching the baby, if I don't respond right away..

That looks pretty slick.
I haven't tried that one out yet but I did download it this morning and was gonna give it a run after work. Do you experts know why a SIP thats built into a ROM is soo much faster than a cab installed SIP?

GG

ReeseMan: like... 3 per? like keypad style? or QWERTY style? The QWERTY is what does the CompactQWERTY for me. I find I can type much faster than regular qwerty, (tho i can rock landscape regular qwerty pretty fast, i just find using gyrator slows up my phone considerably)

Last edited by goldengraham; 06-02-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:49 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengraham View Post
That looks pretty slick.
Do you experts know why a SIP thats built into a ROM is soo much faster than a cab installed SIP?
Not sure, but it may have to do with the fact that most SIP OEMs have the dlls converted to modules, which isn't possible in cab installs.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:54 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This is what I mean -

2 letters per key...

3 letters per key...
Old 06-02-2009, 04:04 PM
AWOL

The 2.0 versions only include qwerty and phonepad (3 letters), but there's a hacked version somewhere that has compact qwerty (2 letters) instead of phonepad. If I remember correctly, there is some issue with showing both SIP input modules in 6.5 versions. I personally use finger kbd for qwerty, so I could care less about EZinput 2.0.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:14 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

So 3 letters is referred to as phonepad, whereas 2 letters is compact qwerty. Got it...
Old 06-02-2009, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

Nathan_Barstow14 is a n00b
Re: 6/2/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 21728 - Generic | All Carriers -

ROM seems to be coming along great, I just flashed to it yesterday. I think this could potentially become another widely used ROM, however right now there are just too many kinks to work out now, I'm gonna have to flash back to MightyROM.

Problems I've run into:
-Seeing the left and right movement arrows from Contacts bar on the screen that never go away even when moving around all the windows... making it show up on Contacts, Phone, Voicemail, etc.
-Getting stuck with the "Send [keyboard button] Menu" bottom bar from texting on the today screen..
-unable to close out of a contacts information when accessing it through the home screen favorite contacts bar.
-Titanium Weather just glitching up and not working correctly.
-Black Volume Panel (HTCVolume?) comes up automatically on startup, and often have troubles getting out of the screen anytime.
-Sometimes the screen will not turn off or on with a single short click of the power button. I feel like psShutXP is causing this...?
-Few other bugs I can't remember at the moment, I'll let you know if I run into more.

Other than that, looks good. I do know that the whole WM6.5 scene is buggy anyways... just giving you some areas to possibly focus on.

Last edited by Nathan_Barstow14; 06-02-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:18 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Barstow14 View Post
ROM seems to be coming along great, I just flashed to it yesterday. I think this could potentially become another widely used ROM, however right now there are just too many kinks to work out now, I'm gonna have to flash back to MightyROM.

Problems I've run into:
-Seeing the left and right movement arrows from Contacts bar on the screen that never go away even when moving around all the windows... making it show up on Contacts, Phone, Voicemail, etc.
-Getting stuck with the "Send [keyboard button] Menu" bottom bar from texting on the today screen..
-unable to close out of a contacts information when accessing it through the home screen favorite contacts bar.
-Black Volume Panel (HTCVolume?) comes up automatically on startup, and often have troubles getting out of the screen anytime.
-Sometimes the screen will not turn off or on with a single short click of the power button. I feel like psShutXP is causing this...?
-Few other bugs I can't remember at the moment, I'll let you know if I run into more.

Other than that, looks good. I do know that the whole WM6.5 scene is buggy anyways... just giving you some areas to possibly focus on.
It actually sounds like its time for a stock flash for your phone.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Barstow14 View Post

Problems I've run into:

messaging seems to be slow at times but thats consistent with 6.5 roms i've tried. if i was a hardcore texter it would be very annoying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development