PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 02:46 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TO ALL COOKS, question about Diamond Roms

the real question is, why can't you cook your own?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint "The CDMA gods"
Threadstarter

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera

i just get confused on how it all works man....

CDMA Vogue in a GSM white housing? Yep I did it!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=white+case
Old 04-15-2009, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint "The CDMA gods"
Threadstarter

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera

hey man Im looking for a start menu button like vista

either these icons or something near them http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...ht=sensor+apps

the 6.5 wait icon

and if at all possible. the ability to switch From: the 6.5 start menu fully loaded w titainium weather TO: Rhodium tfl3d with the above mentioned visuals

any way possible?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brera View Post
Man , I know I cant cook and all but whats with all these bland roms? No color no cool icons, start menu, taskbar. It looks all so watered down. What happend our visual moral?
I remember a time where it was hard to find a bland rom, a little (lot) to easy now. Lets get an awsome 6.5 rom with the option to use htc rhodium as today screen instead, custom apps and cool icons with color(not a solid red theme, solid blue , neon green, ect) but a variety of eye candy. I hope this comes out from one of our very own. Thanks you if support the idea!!

example of what i concider cool icons

http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...ht=sensor+apps
For those, load whatever rom you want, then install sdkcerts, followed by tsowentaskbar...
Attached Files
File Type: cab sdkcerts.cab (4.6 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab tsowentaskbar4v1.6.cab (1.24 MB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brera View Post
Man , I know I cant cook and all but whats with all these bland roms? No color no cool icons, start menu, taskbar. It looks all so watered down. What happend our visual moral?
I remember a time where it was hard to find a bland rom, a little (lot) to easy now. Lets get an awsome 6.5 rom with the option to use htc rhodium as today screen instead, custom apps and cool icons with color(not a solid red theme, solid blue , neon green, ect) but a variety of eye candy. I hope this comes out from one of our very own. Thanks you if support the idea!!

example of what i concider cool icons

http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...ht=sensor+apps
Been there, done that.

The reality is, it's very time-consuming to develop and release a custom ROM, especially one with very few defects. On top of that, it's REALLY a lot of work to manually edit Manila files so that you have something original.

I agree with indagroove, in that, if you want something unique, perhaps you should learn to cook. It's not brain surgery, and it WILL take some time for you to gain the required skills to make the changes you want. I can promise that it will be extremely rewarding because you'll ultimately have a ROM that does exactly what YOU want and looks good to YOU.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Honestly gloss, I first got my Diamond when you were first starting your Blue ROM.

I felt kind of bad, because you spent so much time yet received so little attention. You still cooking up releases for yourself?

Now I'm seeing it w/ Tersoth, his ROM is visually impressive, but isn't receiving looks.

Donate if you like my work!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post
Honestly gloss, I first got my Diamond when you were first starting your Blue ROM.

I felt kind of bad, because you spent so much time yet received so little attention. You still cooking up releases for yourself?

Now I'm seeing it w/ Tersoth, his ROM is visually impressive, but isn't receiving looks.
Im glad you think think its vidually impressive (editing sll 1500 manila files manually=pain in the butt). but i dont do it to have the most popular rom. im actually glad its not popular, because all the popular roms have so many complainers (can you change this, can you add thst, etc.) id go crazy and probably stop developing.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
Im glad you think think its vidually impressive (editing sll 1500 manila files manually=pain in the butt). but i dont do it to have the most popular rom. im actually glad its not popular, because all the popular roms have so many complainers (can you change this, can you add thst, etc.) id go crazy and probably stop developing.
Very humble my friend.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Oh yeah, I know how editing manila files is. Ouch.

I consider my ROM pretty popular, but I've basically established I'm only adding things that will keep the ROM light but add functionality virtually everyone can use.

I wouldn't mind doing a co-op release with you one day, tersoth if you're interested.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post

Thanks for the kind words, intx.

I learned a lot while developing the Blue and Red series of ROMs, and it was a challenge, too. After the last Red ROM, I had begun work on what I thought was something truly unique, but that's about when Rhodium and WM 6.5/Titanium hit, so I decided to lay low for a while. I figured I would see what direction the new ROMs were taking. There was just no point in doing a standard HD ROM, no matter how pretty. Also, I'm in the process of moving into a new place, so I haven't had the time to do any real research or cooking.

I've flashed most of the ROMs available (your latest 1.6 is seriously kick-***!) and the choices have never been better. Right now, I'm running FuFu 4.5.3 with Titanium, but I'll probably slap together something in Calcu's kitchen pretty soon, as I need a little more stability than WM 6.5 delivers at this time. The funny thing is, I still have my final Blue ROM build setup as diamimg.nbh on my storage card as a failsafe, just in case of problems.

Anyway, I too would be interested in a collaboration on a ROM. I'm sure we could build something really special. I'll have more time beginning in mid-May. Maybe we can put something together.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development