PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

al haqq is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [6-19-09] JonRom Version 1.85 WM6.5 21815 Sprint rom with Rhodium Manila/Tachi di

I decided to come here and post in order to express my happiness with this rom, so its ironic that the post before mine is about criticisms lol.

Thanks! so far I am very pleased with JonRom. It's is very clean and smooth and fits my tastes just fine.

A very underrated rom in my opinion, and my current favorite! lookin forward to future updates
Old 06-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff
Re: [6-19-09] JonRom Version 1.85 WM6.5 21815 Sprint rom with Rhodium Manila/Tachi di

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsarci View Post
I really like this rom a lot. It needs a little bit of cleanup and polish though.
Not a fan of some of the included apps like "flip it" and "weather master"
Also, the keyboard that 1.85 comes with is cumbersome and clunky. it takes up too much screen space. I like something like EZinput instead.
But thats just me, I like things when they're a little more stock and clean.
The rhodium manila/tachi stuff sometimes makes the screen feel a little cramped. For example, in the programs tab has text running into each other. And i prefer the stock HTC diamond dialer to the one in this rom, it uses screen space better.
Also, some of the preloaded app shortcuts don't even work.
Im picky though, sorry for the critacism just tryin to give feedback.
I feel like in a few more versions this rom will be near perfect and i will most likely use it for good.

After trying the 1.85, however, I had to go back to the stock sprint. Too many rough edges in JonRom as of right now make me feel uncomfortable using it.
Again, keep up the good work and I am extremely eager to test out the upcoming versions.

Thanks for your effort.
Why don't you like flip it and weather master? I find them very useful apps. Either way, if you don't like them, it's an easy fix... just delete the shortcuts from windows/start menu. As for the keyboard, I also included fingerkeyboard, which is smaller and you may like better than the default EZinput 2.0. Some of the "screen cramping" issues will be tweaked in future updates, as will fixing the shortcut to Google Maps. There is a workaround right now, however, of just loading it from manila instead of the start menu. I appreciate the input, but some of your suggestions just seem to be personal preference... you may want to try building your own rom or starting with a barebones so you can customize more for your needs.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by al haqq View Post
I decided to come here and post in order to express my happiness with this rom, so its ironic that the post before mine is about criticisms lol.

Thanks! so far I am very pleased with JonRom. It's is very clean and smooth and fits my tastes just fine.

A very underrated rom in my opinion, and my current favorite! lookin forward to future updates
Thanks for your support!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Version 1.9 just posted
Old 06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

CharlyDigital is just getting started

downloaded and found that the folder had a fil listed as NBH.old. Should this be removed? Thanks for the update!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

I love your Rom as this is my favorite. Is there anyway to delete Opera 9.7 from the Rom to make the space available for 9.5. I know I can load 9.5 but that takes up an additional 10 mb of storage. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Nice looking ROM ;c)

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlyDigital View Post
downloaded and found that the folder had a fil listed as NBH.old. Should this be removed? Thanks for the update!
Yes, sorry, that's a test build I must have accidentally left in. I'll reupload without it but you can just delete it
Old 06-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzgeneral View Post
I love your Rom as this is my favorite. Is there anyway to delete Opera 9.7 from the Rom to make the space available for 9.5. I know I can load 9.5 but that takes up an additional 10 mb of storage. Thanks.
you could delete all the opera files in \windows... looking at them, the only file over 1mb is opera9-ml.exe (7.3mb), so if you delete that at least you can probably gain some space
Old 06-24-2009, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
you could delete all the opera files in \windows... looking at them, the only file over 1mb is opera9-ml.exe (7.3mb), so if you delete that at least you can probably gain some space
Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development