PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

megapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [052809] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) [ROM & Kitchen]

Hi Inda, great Rom

I dont have sound in YouTube, is just me? i use your kitchen and add Nikoan89 Keyboard.

thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

corey52 is just getting started

Hey groove, I've been having this annoying problem since an early groove 4 manilla build. I don't know if it's just your manilla or it's like this on all roms. But in alot of menu's the touch screen is unresponsive and i have to use the home arrow keys to navigate. This happens in the Media player, Weather tab (when selecting state/city), Ringtone edit tab from setting, etc. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

I Do not follow where the path may lead. Instead I go where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

XxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I really want this dialer on my touch pro does anybody have the cab file for the grooveROM 5 HTC dialer PLEASE!!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

seamus is just getting started

Thanks. Just downloaded and installed. The new sys is SMOOTH!!! Is this still HTC's version? Were there any other significant changes to the SYS? Also, I tend towards the Orange Theme.... where can we get the other 6.5 themes?
Old 05-28-2009, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

effudee is just getting started

Does anyone know how to disable the WinMo style drop down white menu for SMS Name suggestion?

Edit: I couldn't find it last night, but I think I found my own solution.

; Fix SMS issue; prevent name suggestion popup
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\RecipientAutocompl ete]
"MaxSuggestions"=dword:00000000

Last edited by effudee; 05-28-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Nother question: How do I get the pictures tab to default to the HTC Album instead of MS Pictures and Video?

Also: I notice that you have Tsowen's icons included in the ROM, However do I have to run the version 3 1.4 cab in addition to get his taskbar to show up?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Also - Music tab doesn't seem to work - won't load up existing songs. I've tried to go into library and upate Now Playing with all the songs - WMP accepts it all, but then the Music tab doesn't recognize their existence.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:45 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I'm using Sprint... but I couldn't the Sprint carrier to show up until I brought all of them over and then selected just Sprint.

My dialer looks fantastic... but I'll see how everything works tomorrow after I've gotten a few calls and such. I'll redo everthing tomorrow if it's a big issue.
The Sprint option doesn't show up in buildOS because I've removed the option.xml from the package. It will still build with the sprint carrier just fine, even if it doesn't show in BuildOS, as long as the package in in the OEM folder of your kitchen. I have some tweaks in my carrier package that Calcu doesn't have, including reg tweaks, theme, and sashimi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp617 View Post
thanks groove. how can i switch to video record mode? also when i install rock and republic dialer, it doesnt switch at all despite soft reset. thx for your help!
Not sure what you mean about video mode. In the camera, you just tap the camera icon, and the capture mode pops up. Select it there. The rock and republic dialer is only for the 6.5 phone pad, so you need to activate that with the cab in start>system tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megapinky View Post
Hi Inda, great Rom

I dont have sound in YouTube, is just me? i use your kitchen and add Nikoan89 Keyboard.

thanks
It's just you. You must have added something to the sys, or a oem with too many modules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey52 View Post
Hey groove, I've been having this annoying problem since an early groove 4 manilla build. I don't know if it's just your manilla or it's like this on all roms. But in alot of menu's the touch screen is unresponsive and i have to use the home arrow keys to navigate. This happens in the Media player, Weather tab (when selecting state/city), Ringtone edit tab from setting, etc. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.
I haven't used Manila in a long time, but I never had those issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboot View Post
I really want this dialer on my touch pro does anybody have the cab file for the grooveROM 5 HTC dialer PLEASE!!!!
OK, I'll try to get a cab install for the skin posted. Remind me if I forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Thanks. Just downloaded and installed. The new sys is SMOOTH!!! Is this still HTC's version? Were there any other significant changes to the SYS? Also, I tend towards the Orange Theme.... where can we get the other 6.5 themes?
Not sure where the sys came from. It is a new aku version. Also some of the graphics have been updated, including widgets. It seems real fast and stable.

Quote:
Nother question: How do I get the pictures tab to default to the HTC Album instead of MS Pictures and Video?

If you tak the picture, it will open in album. If you tap the soft-key it will open in MS Photos and Videos.

Also: I notice that you have Tsowen's icons included in the ROM, However do I have to run the version 3 1.4 cab in addition to get his taskbar to show up?
There are no custom icons included in grooveROM 5. It is exclusively stock wm 6.5 taskbar icons.

Quote:
Also - Music tab doesn't seem to work - won't load up existing songs. I've tried to go into library and upate Now Playing with all the songs - WMP accepts it all, but then the Music tab doesn't recognize their existence.
I just tap the panel, and it starts playing all songs. I don't think you can select individually from the panel until it starts playing a song.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:51 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Kitchen with HTC Phone pad gibberish on down scroll fix posted in post 2.

For those who have already flashed to [052709] or downloaded the [052709] kitchen, and want the fix without reflash see here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...one#post935764
Old 05-28-2009, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

hey groove, found another bug...i think...

go to start-> pictures and videos then go to the menu and choose tools-> options

the camera and video tabs do not work.

*edit* did a quick search and noticed this topic came up back in march with a vogue 6.5 beta rom. did not find an answer. guess it is still a known bug.

Last edited by stravy; 05-28-2009 at 01:18 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development