PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: MTS

colin05 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

That's the right folder, worked great for me. Thanks Inda

The oem/diam500/0409 folder that is
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:57 PM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi
Carrier: Sprint

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
hey guys, just tried removing option.xml from a few oems, dropped them into the oem/diam500/0409 folder, got the platformrebuilder.exe errors, then tried removed the modified oems from this 0409 folder, put them in the ext/diam500/23001/Diam external packages. got the same error. Just wanted to clarify if I am putting the oems in the correct folder. Thanks.
It worked for me. I put mine in the same place you did and then did a search for all option.xml files and nuked them all. I did have to double click on the new OEMs (once I had started the kitchen) to get them to say "TRUE". I even deselected some SYS stuff that I don't use.

When I tried doing all of this in the first version of the kitchen that indagroove put out I only got non-booters. This version is working great for me though.
Now let's see how I can mess it up!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin05 View Post

that's strange. didn't work for me but it could have been the alternate sip oem. thanks.

everything is running good Groove. youtube is perfect again. only thing I noticed is the delay with ie. seems like it's searching for something in the background. not a big deal though since mini and o mobile get most of my usage. thanks again.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:03 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
hey guys, just tried removing option.xml from a few oems, dropped them into the oem/diam500/0409 folder, got the platformrebuilder.exe errors, then tried removed the modified oems from this 0409 folder, put them in the ext/diam500/23001/Diam external packages. got the same error. Just wanted to clarify if I am putting the oems in the correct folder. Thanks.
Maybe your OEM has a duplicate dsm as another oem in the kitchen. When does the error occur? If you put it in EXT, be sure to convert it to EXT first.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you're selecting my premade ROM configuration, and then modifying the kitchen which is confusing it. You may need to select the drop down menus manually with your modifications.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin05 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzone69 View Post
It worked for me. I put mine in the same place you did and then did a search for all option.xml files and nuked them all. I did have to double click on the new OEMs (once I had started the kitchen) to get them to say "TRUE". I even deselected some SYS stuff that I don't use.

When I tried doing all of this in the first version of the kitchen that indagroove put out I only got non-booters. This version is working great for me though.
Now let's see how I can mess it up!
thanks again guys. it worked the 2nd attempt. only thing I removed was the alternate sip oem. Actually scratch that, on the third try, the no errors when adding the modified sip?? strange but seemed to work. lol.

edit: meant to multi qoute Groove as well

Last edited by Riley; 07-03-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

The converter does not seem to work for all OEMs. I tried to make one for the TouchResponse OEM from Calc's kitchen, and it made my touch screen non-responsive (ie could not get past calibration). I ended up downloading Da G's kitchen and using a few packages from that (just not GSM-specific ones), including TouchResponse which worked fine.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bparvin is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimensi0n View Post
Whats the fix for the email icon going "X" in Titanium when mail is recieved?
I've had the same problem on every build so far. I have no solution as of yet, so if anybody has a fix I'd like to know as well. I've done the Stock Flash before every update as well.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/Touch Diamond

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparvin View Post
I've had the same problem on every build so far. I have no solution as of yet, so if anybody has a fix I'd like to know as well. I've done the Stock Flash before every update as well.
sorry, been away from the WM scene for a while now, but that x should mean that they can't find the associated image. there might be an icon missing in the bronzeres.dll
Old 07-04-2009, 03:39 AM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparvin View Post
I don't have that issue. Are you running a modified theme?
Old 07-04-2009, 03:40 AM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
The converter does not seem to work for all OEMs. I tried to make one for the TouchResponse OEM from Calc's kitchen, and it made my touch screen non-responsive (ie could not get past calibration). I ended up downloading Da G's kitchen and using a few packages from that (just not GSM-specific ones), including TouchResponse which worked fine.
One thing I noticed is that if you have a package with modules, after converting you need to move the module to the files folder within the EXT package.

Also, I was having an issue with packages not being built into the rom. I was putting my packages in the shared folder. Once I moved them to the EXT/DIAM500/23001/DIAM500_External_Packages folder, they all built in.

EDIT: I've got most of the OEMs (non-system) converted to EXT packages, so that you can disable what you don't want easily by double clicking in the kitchen. Uploading new kitchen version..

Last edited by indagroove; 07-04-2009 at 05:06 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development