PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

user60396561 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Possible to remove phone capability??

Hi, I was wondering if its possible to have a ROM that disables phone/network features. I have an extra phone which I would basically like to transform into a media player/game emu player for my little nephew. Also hoping that removing the phone capabilities, would help with battery life. Any thoughts?

Thanks In advance
Old 03-03-2009, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor
Re: Possible to remove phone capability??

couldn't you just put it in airplane mode? I would think though that selling the phone on ebay and buying him a DS or PSP would be more beneficial.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

user60396561 is just getting started

Thanks for the reply, he has a psp, but he really likes the touching interface of the tf3d; and I would like to keep the phone to eventually start learning how to cook, without killing my phone lol, I really do wonder if disabling the phone features, would help with the battery though.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:11 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by user60396561 View Post
Thanks for the reply, he has a psp, but he really likes the touching interface of the tf3d; and I would like to keep the phone to eventually start learning how to cook, without killing my phone lol, I really do wonder if disabling the phone features, would help with the battery though.
Yes....shutting down phone and data would save a lot of power. I would suggest just putting it in airplane mode and calling it a day.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

CruiSin is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to CruiSin Send a message via AIM to CruiSin Send a message via Yahoo to CruiSin

My wife used to steal my phone to play solitaire ALL the time, then forget to plug it back in. When I upgraded to my Touch Diamond, I let her keep the Touch. I put it in airplane mode and she gets more than a week out of it - It really will depend on how much it's used, but yes, airplane mode turns off all radios...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development