PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51508)

caleb02 09-11-2009 06:25 AM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

i can get into tri color screen as my volume buttons dont work, any ideas

Dreading 09-15-2009 01:30 AM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Thank you, Glossman, FastRX8 and Cozboogie, this thread has saved my butt again.

Dreading 09-23-2009 09:37 PM

*****EDIT 10 days later: I had a flash go bad. Now, I can get to tri-color screen, but active sync does not recognize. Any ideas?

Sorry, to bump, I tried to force a flash to stock anyway, and it seems to work.

Riley 09-23-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreading (Post 1189107)
*****EDIT 10 days later: I had a flash go bad. Now, I can get to tri-color screen, but active sync does not recognize. Any ideas?

Sorry, to bump, I tried to force a flash to stock anyway, and it seems to work.

in bootloader, mine also doesn't appear to recognize the device. but if you see usb on the screen, it is connected and if you flash shipped, it should work.

Jadall 10-02-2009 11:28 PM

it helped me first time I was trying to stay calm and remember seeing this sticky thanks for making it sticky and thanks for the help. my phone is recovered I had a rom that just kept booting like a new boot over and over again. (having to hit the targets and go thru setup etc) :headbang:

I found something else out the 2nd time (I had to give the rom a chance because I thought it was my fault it messed up) it was stuck again would go past boot screen to os but nothing was working I pressed all the buttons for the crazy way to reset the phone and it wasn't working but then i decided to toggle the reset button a few times while still holding all the others and got the rainbow screen I guess it going past the boot screen the buttons stopped working.

caleb02 10-03-2009 09:41 AM

how do you enter the boot loader if you dont have any volume button keys on your phone since i took them off because they dont work..

Jadall 10-03-2009 11:47 PM

Someone said there is like another way to load a bootloader I don't know what it is but maybe it will help caleb out if volume buttons are not needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by caleb02 (Post 1211026)
how do you enter the boot loader if you dont have any volume button keys on your phone since i took them off because they dont work..

mjb digital 10-04-2009 10:55 PM

THANKS!!!! I flashed a new ROM and it was showing the first splash screen over and over again....

until this solution.

IT WORKS

woot!

thanks again

mitch

grevs 10-05-2009 08:40 PM

Hi there,

I've had my TELUS diamond for over a year now, and up until recently it has been working flawlessly using the Juicy ROM. Yesterday, the phone abruptly stopped proceeding past the boot screen (the black screen that says diamond and contains several lines of system info in a red font at the bottom).

Fortunately, with the help of this thread, I've been able to get so far as reaching the green background screen that says "tap the screen to set up your Windows mobile based device", and a few times it managed to go to the next screen, "tap to align", but I have not been able to get any further than that. It freezes at the tap screen and does not permit me to activate the screen by tapping, although once or twice it seemingly did, but with an incredible delay.

What I've tried:
-flashing various roms via USB connection, per this thread's instructions
-flashing various roms via Internal Storage, per this thread's instructions
-flashing TELUS shipped rom, per this thread's instructions

I'm really at my whit's end here and sorta freaking out, we all know how important these phones are to us, lol.

Any help or guidance would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks.

Glossman 10-06-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grevs (Post 1216114)
Hi there,

I've had my TELUS diamond for over a year now, and up until recently it has been working flawlessly using the Juicy ROM. Yesterday, the phone abruptly stopped proceeding past the boot screen (the black screen that says diamond and contains several lines of system info in a red font at the bottom).

Fortunately, with the help of this thread, I've been able to get so far as reaching the green background screen that says "tap the screen to set up your Windows mobile based device", and a few times it managed to go to the next screen, "tap to align", but I have not been able to get any further than that. It freezes at the tap screen and does not permit me to activate the screen by tapping, although once or twice it seemingly did, but with an incredible delay.

What I've tried:
-flashing various roms via USB connection, per this thread's instructions
-flashing various roms via Internal Storage, per this thread's instructions
-flashing TELUS shipped rom, per this thread's instructions

I'm really at my whit's end here and sorta freaking out, we all know how important these phones are to us, lol.

Any help or guidance would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks.

So, it lets you flash, but hangs during the screen calibration?