PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

juliocvaldez is keeping up the good workjuliocvaldez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need a ROM / Kitchen [CDMA - Sprint]

May I make a suggestion as a former DCD on Mogul user? I loved the stability and performance of DCD roms. I've had my Diamond for a little over a month and I have tried a number of roms and configurations. To this day, I have not found a rom that is faster yet as stable as the stock rom (on Sprint at least). Indagroove probably has the smoothest custom rom for Sprint but it's still not quite as stable as the stock. What I eneded up doing is I flashed back to the stock rom and stopped the customizations from installing. I then installed Sprint Nav and TV on to the internal storage and have the space I desire on my primary partition. That was the main reason I left the stock rom in the first place. Also Touchlo3D is quite a memory hog and without it the ppc works even more awesome. However, I tried whatever VGA UI's I could find and was not satisfied. So until someone comes up with a better UI I will stick to TF3D too.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!! TP2 Toughbook CF19 Sprint WWAN
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

morganlowe is keeping up the good workmorganlowe is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliocvaldez View Post
May I make a suggestion as a former DCD on Mogul user? I loved the stability and performance of DCD roms. I've had my Diamond for a little over a month and I have tried a number of roms and configurations. To this day, I have not found a rom that is faster yet as stable as the stock rom (on Sprint at least). Indagroove probably has the smoothest custom rom for Sprint but it's still not quite as stable as the stock. What I eneded up doing is I flashed back to the stock rom and stopped the customizations from installing. I then installed Sprint Nav and TV on to the internal storage and have the space I desire on my primary partition. That was the main reason I left the stock rom in the first place. Also Touchlo3D is quite a memory hog and without it the ppc works even more awesome. However, I tried whatever VGA UI's I could find and was not satisfied. So until someone comes up with a better UI I will stick to TF3D too.
Thats one of the Ideas I had. TF3D sucks... for me. I use SPB Mobile Shell for quick info and easy access. This is about information overload... Going to be experimenting much.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:55 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganlowe View Post
Thats one of the Ideas I had. TF3D sucks... for me. I use SPB Mobile Shell for quick info and easy access. This is about information overload... Going to be experimenting much.
grooveROM comes in a version without TF3D, and is Sprint specific, so you get all the Sprint goodies (Sprint TV, picmail, update prl/profile, etc..) plus Sprint specific reg edits for roaming and tethering.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

juliocvaldez is keeping up the good workjuliocvaldez is keeping up the good work

I agree that the Diamond performs awesome with SPB mobile shell. But the look, to me was just not worth the cost. I really like the look of Sprint Manila. I can't wait for something as nice looking yet lighter on resources. I would pay the money then.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:34 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Use a kitchen and make whatever you like. It takes a bit longer the first time, but you'll never go back to premade roms once you've done it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development