PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue
Re: [12/23/2008] Glossman Pro v1.0 with Custom Blue UI [Sys OS 20940/20931]

AMEN!

I hope the folks over at the kitchen factory make this phone supported like they did with the 6800 and the touch to allow cricket as the provider. I have a really nice cricket rom for the touch that was based off a chem kitchen. If I had the time to figure out how to extract the current rom with setup off the diamond im using now the cricket users would love it.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Re: [12/24/2008] Glossman Pro v1.1 with Custom Blue UI [Sys OS 20940/20931]

File is uploaded! Have at it!

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work
Re: [12/24/2008] Glossman v1.1 with Custom Blue UI [Sys OS 20940/20931] [UPLOADED]

Very nice looking interface, but very buggy. I gave it up after 3 hard resets. Rom loaded initially, but hung twice after selecting settings and then programs tab. Then would not complete hard reset..got stuck in preparing phone for first use screen. Fortunately, I had caulkins 3.5 in memory and was able to boot from that. It is a promising rom, and after some bugs are worked out, I might try it again. Thank you for your effort, and good luck in the future.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Re: [12/24/2008] Glossman v1.1 with Custom Blue UI [Sys OS 20940/20931] [UPLOADED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbus182 View Post
Very nice looking interface, but very buggy. I gave it up after 3 hard resets. Rom loaded initially, but hung twice after selecting settings and then programs tab. Then would not complete hard reset..got stuck in preparing phone for first use screen. Fortunately, I had caulkins 3.5 in memory and was able to boot from that. It is a promising rom, and after some bugs are worked out, I might try it again. Thank you for your effort, and good luck in the future.
The carrier customizations do take several minutes to run. The first time I booted that ROM, I thought it hung, too. It's important to give it the time to load everything after a flash and hard reset.

I'm running that ROM now, and have not had any hangs. How long are you giving it?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

well, I would like to try again, but it seems my phone is now bricked. It will not get past boot screen now. Any ideas?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
well, I would like to try again, but it seems my phone is now bricked. It will not get past boot screen now. Any ideas?
Oye...

Follow this procedure, and have a known good ROM available to flash:

Pop the back cover off the phone. Hold the phone over your stomach (no joke!) using your body to press the stylus in the reset hole...While you're doing this, use your left hand to press the Volume down and power buttons at the same time WHILE using your right hand to push the left arrow button (the one above the hang-up key). Do all three of these things simulataneously, and you'll be in bootloader mode. Then, go ahead and flash from your PC as you normally would.

I'll pull the ROM and do more testing.

Last edited by Glossman; 12-25-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman View Post
Oye...

Follow this procedure, and have a known good ROM available to flash:

Pop the back cover off the phone. Hold the phone over your stomach (no joke!) using your body to press the stylus in the reset hole...While you're doing this, use your left hand to press the Volume down and power buttons at the same time WHILE using your right hand to push the left arrow button (the one above the hang-up key). Do all three of these things simulataneously, and you'll be in bootloader mode.

I'll pull the ROM and do more testing.
I have tried this method a few times now...problem is my computer no longer sees device when connected via usb. I was planning to do this, reformat internal memory and start from scratch. As I said, I do have caulkins 3.5 in my internal memory. After going into bootloader mode, rom will update to 100% and proceed to black touch diamond screen where it seems to like there as it will now go any further. "Bricked" may not be correct term, but definitely f'd. I have flashed 10+roms with no issues until now.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
I have tried this method a few times now...problem is my computer no longer sees device when connected via usb. I was planning to do this, reformat internal memory and start from scratch. As I said, I do have caulkins 3.5 in my internal memory. After going into bootloader mode, rom will update to 100% and proceed to black touch diamond screen where it seems to like there as it will now go any further. "Bricked" may not be correct term, but definitely f'd. I have flashed 10+roms with no issues until now.
Are you running Vista?

Also, I was able to get my phone to hang. I did a hard reset, then a soft reset during the carrier customizations. Once it rebooted, I had trouble with intermiitent hangs too.

The odd thing about this is, it's a Caulkins 3.6 kitchen ROM, and I've made no alterations to any of the system or OS files. These are superficial interface changes using OEMs and cabs. I'll follow up with Calcu to see if he's aware of any of these problems.

I am sorry for the hassle on this.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
I don't doubt you're having issues, however, I noticed that, as of 9:11 PM, PST tonight, no one has downloaded my ROM, according to my Megaupload account. You may want to double check the .rar file you downloaded, just to be sure.

See my screencap of my Megaupload account below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Glossman-screencap.jpg (90.1 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Glossman; 12-25-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

I downloaded it but didnt install it after reading this.

I hope that other guys phone isnt bricked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development