PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   no2chem "Fast Charge" Battery.dll (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49894)

yaboyease 03-01-2009 08:00 PM

Re: no2chem "Fast Charge" Battery.dll

ok i have followed all the instruction and was able to get fast charge workin on my sprint stock rom. had to do a soft reset and now battery only shows 1% and doesnt change can someone verify all the battery files and/or offer any advice?

lagvoid 03-06-2009 07:20 PM

Hi Indagroove,

I downloaded no2chem's unified kitchen but I'm not sure which drivers I need to pull from the diamond folder. Could you please point out which drivers I need exactly?

I'm looking in :
\nueROM_UnifiedKitchen-206-206-spack\no2chem_RaphDiamC_Drivers\OEMDrivers

but do not see a 'battery/fast charge/etc' dll folder.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by indagroove (Post 590825)
Since no2chem hasn't made these files freely available, I won't post them.

However, I will tell you how to build it into your rom.

Go here for information on no2chem's unified kitchen:

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...-Upe280a6.aspx

Then donate to no2chem and download kitchen.

Next take all the battery files from the diamond drivrs folder, and copy them to your drivers folder (overwrite existing files) build, flash, and enjoy. Then don't forget to thank me.

A quick test from a usb2 port shows the following approx values:

At 50% charge, charges at 918mA

50 minutes later, nattery is at 90% and charging at 462mA

SOHKis 03-06-2009 11:10 PM

there isn't a battery/fastcharge.dll folder, from what i remember it's all the "battery.***" files in the OEMDRIVERS folder

lagvoid 03-07-2009 02:38 AM

Thanks, found 7 battery.* files. Now on to the cabbing/dll signing strothsmentione.

Stoney60 04-24-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcperdue (Post 592428)
FYI charging your battery in this method will shorten its life.

I wouldn't think so. It shouldn't be any different than hooking it up to a travel charger/wall outlet.

Stoney60 04-24-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indagroove (Post 692174)
Honestly, I'm a little appalled that this has been put out freely without no2's specific permission. Sure, he said it was OK to use, but I don't see anything that says it's free to distribute. I have no idea what no2's intentions or feelings are in this regard, however, these files have long only been available for donators (I would bet no2 has a reason for that). no2chem is one of the single most important developers on this site, and I personally feel that you should get specific permission before distributing his donator CP files.

Maybe no2 doesn't care, but give hime proper respect and make sure he's cool with this distribution.

It may not have been when you wrote this, but they are now:

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...o-Diamond.aspx

vista64htc 06-23-2009 02:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there, i saw a few posts back about changing the colors from green to something else in this rom (which is the best), so i decided to post how i came up with a way to do so.

I wanted to change the green to red, throughout the touchflo3d and titanium (6.5) interface, and here are the files attached.

all you need to do is copy the contents of the zip file to your devices windows directory using total commander. then soft reset and you should now have red where green used to be.

If you want a different color, just open up each file and change its hue to something else, i used paint.net for this, but photoshop would work too. if you edit your own colors, keep in mind the pic files are marked as "read-only" and need to be either unmarked read-only or saves to a diff location when u edit them. its kind of a lot of work, and i could not find a cab anywhere that accomplished this in 6.5, so i made my own.

it turned out great, and you would need to be running this rom (juicy 8) for it to work properly.

i even managed to change the color of the keyboard (touch input aka ezinput) to red as well.

anyway hope this helps someone (or someones) :)

2kmy477 06-23-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoney60 (Post 873607)
It may not have been when you wrote this, but they are now:

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...o-Diamond.aspx

After I installed the new battery driver,my Diamond is running a lot cooler now,before when I streaming internet radio to my bt stereo headset,the bottom part of the phone was hot to touch,now with the new battery driver installed,it just warm instead of HOT.I'm on Sprint stock 2.0 ROM

OrBy 06-23-2009 01:46 PM

The latest release of NueBattery from what I understand DISABLES FASTCHARGE as the DEFAULT until you go into Programs>nueTools>Battery> and launch Toggle FastCharge. It will then warn you about the issues that can happen if you use FastCharge before you can enable it.

I would like to voice my concern over the use of fast charging your batteries as it seems to be being debated a bit here. First off I want to make it clear that Diamonds are using a Li-Ion NOT Li-Po so these are not the same packs that you RC boys are using - they are not as robust or as forgiving but have better power density and longer service lives.

(mistreat a Li-Po - get a little pop with some flame - you mistreat a Li-Ion and you just lost your arm)

With that being said charging at near the 1000ma limit is not the end of the world for these batteries but it does not go without effect. In short heat is BAD, charging at higher currents creates more heat in the cell and thus is going to reduce over all cell life. So it may be good to get your phone charged up fast but your going to have to replace the cell sooner then if you stuck with the OEM suggested charging rate. There is also the topic of how charging at higher ma rates is less efficient at getting the battery to store the charge. So you may charge you phone and it will say 100% but it may of really only taken 85% or 90% of the charge and will end up dieing quicker then if you again stuck with the OEM suggested charging rate.

Over all YMMV but I personally disable fastcharge as I let my phone charge over night and have more then one battery and I do notice the difference in improved run time when using the slower charge rate.

mwalt2 06-23-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrBy (Post 991863)
The latest release of NueBattery from what I understand DISABLES FASTCHARGE as the DEFAULT until you go into Programs>nueTools>Battery> and launch Toggle FastCharge. It will then warn you about the issues that can happen if you use FastCharge before you can enable it.

I would like to voice my concern over the use of fast charging your batteries as it seems to be being debated a bit here. First off I want to make it clear that Diamonds are using a Li-Ion NOT Li-Po so these are not the same packs that you RC boys are using - they are not as robust or as forgiving but have better power density and longer service lives.

(mistreat a Li-Po - get a little pop with some flame - you mistreat a Li-Ion and you just lost your arm)

With that being said charging at near the 1000ma limit is not the end of the world for these batteries but it does not go without effect. In short heat is BAD, charging at higher currents creates more heat in the cell and thus is going to reduce over all cell life. So it may be good to get your phone charged up fast but your going to have to replace the cell sooner then if you stuck with the OEM suggested charging rate. There is also the topic of how charging at higher ma rates is less efficient at getting the battery to store the charge. So you may charge you phone and it will say 100% but it may of really only taken 85% or 90% of the charge and will end up dieing quicker then if you again stuck with the OEM suggested charging rate.

Over all YMMV but I personally disable fastcharge as I let my phone charge over night and have more then one battery and I do notice the difference in improved run time when using the slower charge rate.

Not that I've run stock ROMs for awhile, but if I remember right fastcharge just make your phone charge from the usb port at the same rate that is charges from a wall charger. The problem could arise on the usb port not being able to power close to 1000 ma (maybe on older computers?).

edit - I was remembering right. from no2chem's website:
"In addition to viewing 1% increments, it enables FastCharge mode, allowing your device to charge quickly on a USB cable,...".
So you charge at the same rate the phone/battery were designed for. No damage and no changes on battery behavior IMO.