PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tuch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

psyko_chewbacca is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Feb 27 \ OS 5.2.21018 v4.4 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
put the phone in bootloader (pull battery for 3 sec & put back, hold vol down + center button + back on d pad + power) to flash the stock shipped rom, that should fix it
Thanks but I manage to boot far enough so activesync would recognize my phone. But I didnt knew that the stock shipped rom stayed on the phone even after flashing a custom rom!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

I don't have any problems with the regular youtube app, but I use Kinoma, which has youtube functionality built-in (has a few more features I like for youtube). The problem is that every youtube video ends up freezing about 80% into the video, and I can't get it to play the rest. It seems to work fine on the sprint stock rom, but something is conflicting with it in this kitchen. Anybody have any ideas what I could include or leave out that might fix this? (I've already tried all the D3D options).
Old 03-04-2009, 12:39 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

I have stopped recieving my PUSH mail with the 4.4 kitchen. Has anyone else had any push mail problems?
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

click is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
I have stopped recieving my PUSH mail with the 4.4 kitchen. Has anyone else had any push mail problems?
push email is working fine here. 4.4 kitchen.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
similar... had issues keeping it going then tonight I have it set to stop at 10pm yet I look at my phone and activesync is still syncing with my exchange at 11:30pm I hit the sync button and when it completed it showed disconnected.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

Funny you say that....push email causes the youtube app to either not play video or not have sound..mainly no video...the minute you uninstall the push email app and restart...your youtube will start working again. Im gonna have to use hotmail for push email since it can handle all other email providers which is already built into the os(windows live) and that shouldnt effect the youtube app.....we will see
Old 03-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
I've been reading through what have people found the cause of the youtube issues to be? The last theory I read was the large start menu. Right now I have HD Manila installed with large start menu. I get youtube video sometime with no sound most of the time.
3rd party Push email apps will cause the youtube issues. If you use push mail just use the windows live and have hotmail get all mail from other providers so it will push as new mail arrives thru your hotmail account to you device.. I stopped having youtube issues and all works now.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwattro76 View Post
3rd party Push email apps will cause the youtube issues. If you use push mail just use the windows live and have hotmail get all mail from other providers so it will push as new mail arrives thru your hotmail account to you device.. I stopped having youtube issues and all works now.
I only use hotmail and sprint picture mail on my phone. I had the problem even before running either of these two.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:45 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

The push mail I use is through an Exchange server into activesync.

I am going to have to reflash I guess.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dkotoric is becoming a great contributor

Hey Calcu I thought you are using SYS 5.2.20771 (build 20771.1.4.6) for 4.5 but I just tyied the beta at its still 5.2.21018

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom