PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 07:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A recommendation for the hot Diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
Yeah big battery, fast processor, in a very small form factor.
but then why not the touch pros as well?

Old 11-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

With the Verizon 1.03 Radio, my diamond doesn't get hot. The Touch Pro has a 1.03 radio as well. My guess is the first official ROM update will change the radio and stop the heating issue.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
With the Verizon 1.03 Radio, my diamond doesn't get hot. The Touch Pro has a 1.03 radio as well. My guess is the first official ROM update will change the radio and stop the heating issue.
Any idea about when that will be?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

I thought someone posted a while ago that the diamond is missing a heat shield on the board?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmknJoe View Post
I thought someone posted a while ago that the diamond is missing a heat shield on the board?
Someone did a tear down of the Diamond and it does have a Gel heat shield. It should be sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
but then why not the touch pros as well?
Form factor isn't as small the battery does sit further away from the front of the phone. That slit between the keyboard and front half of the phone still allows some airflow. 1.03 radio. I'm running the verizon 1.03 radio on my Sprint Diamond and it's much better with heat. I remember my Vogue getting this warm if I used it this long on end.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4G

ervman1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
And might also reduce your signal. I believe that's why the iPhone went from a metal backing to acrylic.
too bad it didn't improve the 3g's signal
Old 11-13-2008, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800-> Diamond

freegood is a n00b

What you'd want is a heat sink that transfers heat quicker to the surface. Then again, something like that is metallic, could interfere with your phone's radio, and make the phone warmer overall..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development