PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

jdmacken is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Flash Touch Diamond from Sprint to Alltel

I know nothing about ESN swapping. isn't that illegal?

What I did:
Flash back to sprint and start over:

Find the msl number (reg edit trick)

Change it using QPST

Follow the tutorial

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

Remember each sprint phone has their unique msl number. find it by changing the registry, and wait for the log. search this thread it will lay it out for you.

Last edited by jdmacken; 11-11-2008 at 06:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond on the way

madcapperx is a n00b

I got my msl number using registry hack earlier. Is all I need to change through QPST my current msl to all zeros? I want to make sure I have everything done correctly before I call alltel. I am at work so I can't work on it right now, but when I get to it in a bit all I need to do is this right?

#1. using RUU swap conflippers ROM for the stock sprint ROM that is found on this thread: *http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062*

#2. run QPST and change the current MSL to all zeros.

#3. install conflippers rom

#4. call alltel

#5. enjoy phone and mix a drink

BTW Thank You!

Last edited by madcapperx; 11-11-2008 at 10:48 PM. Reason: wanted to say thanks. Thanks to everyonw, you guys kick azz
Old 11-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Lurker

jdmacken is a n00b

#4 The alltel rep will tell you to do this. ##000000"enter"(center button)
this will get you in a EPST Activation wizard. First, change the MDN number to your phone number (no dashes). Second, change the second MSID number to your phone number. The Home SID/NID number will have to be changed also. I think that one will be different that mine.

So yes if you succesfully unlocked the phone, changed the msl number to 000000, flashed the alltel rom of choice, can enter the MSL activation wizard. You are ready for the activation.

good luck
Old 11-12-2008, 05:53 AM
Lurker

madcapperx is a n00b

I got all this done... minus alltel activating it. will call alltel when I wake up. I can't wait! Thanks everyone.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Lurker

madcapperx is a n00b

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You guys kick azz!!!!! Thanks to everyone. I now have my sprint touch diamond working on alltel. It says digital roaming in the corner like you guys. Have you figured out a way around that yet?

Conflipper, I am using your ROM and it is great except one thing. I don't like how the phone vibrates everytime I press the send or end button and stuff. How do I turn that off?

Thanks to all of you guys that made this happen for me!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:17 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

go to Settings-Buttons-Virtual Key

and this should turn it off then.

update should be soon with a new PIE
Old 11-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Lurker

jdmacken is a n00b

The World famous digital roam signal. No, I don't know how to turn it off. We are still trying to figure that out. Anyone? Glad you got it running.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:18 PM
MIA

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

until we can get the updated pri file from alltel we will have that. the pri file will update roaming setting. If you look in the EPST and down at modem setting, you have a a setting for Roaming only, Sprint only and Automatic.

Alltel has, Automatic, and Roaming only i do believe. and so until we can get this right setting it will not work. and we will have the Roaming signal. The PRI file is in a shipped rom. So until one leaks (doubt it with alltel) or they update it, you will have the roam signal.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Lurker

jdmacken is a n00b

Thanks for the insight. The funny thing is I flashed two diamonds from two different vendors for me and my family. Guess what? We do not have the roaming signal problem on either phones of mine. Now on the other hand, I helped out someone else flash theirs and they do have it like everyone else. I can't figure it out. I am wondering if the alltel representative changed some settings on their end. Oh well.

Conflipper Thanks alot for your contribution to this project =D>
Old 11-12-2008, 08:14 PM
MIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmacken View Post
Thanks for the insight. The funny thing is I flashed two diamonds from two different vendors for me and my family. Guess what? We do not have the roaming signal problem on either phones of mine. Now on the other hand, I helped out someone else flash theirs and they do have it like everyone else. I can't figure it out. I am wondering if the alltel representative changed some settings on their end. Oh well.

Conflipper Thanks alot for your contribution to this project =D>
what were the other vendors?

maybe i will revisit this, and see what i can do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development