PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   [Jan 15th New Sprint Radio V1.11.00F] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40609)

boxermansr 10-28-2008 05:01 PM

Re: [UPDATED] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 481234)
yes i have done this. ive flashed back and forth many times.

So we can flash the entire stock rom (that includes the radio) without an issue, right? I need to reflash mine, as I'm selling it since I got the Pro, so just wanted to get it back to 100% stock.

Thanks.

Mr. X 10-28-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermansr (Post 481242)
So we can flash the entire stock rom (that includes the radio) without an issue, right? I need to reflash mine, as I'm selling it since I got the Pro, so just wanted to get it back to 100% stock.

Thanks.

yes :)

06gmc 10-28-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06gmc (Post 480813)
I havent had any issues eather. It still seems to get pretty hot. I noticed while watching you tube it will get pretty hot and then just randomly close the program. That happened on both radios. I havent noticed a change in battery neather.

Has anyone had issues like this? Almost like it is overheating. A couple times i have even had to reset because it would lock up.

MxChino 10-28-2008 09:17 PM

Has anyone had issues sending text messages from low service areas? Since ive flashed I've had issues with people not receiving texts right after i send them. I really don't want to flash black as the battery life is so much better now.

Mr. X 10-28-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MxChino (Post 481805)
Has anyone had issues sending text messages from low service areas? Since ive flashed I've had issues with people not receiving texts right after i send them. I really don't want to flash black as the battery life is so much better now.

its because of low service. if you're just getting this experience now, consider yourself lucky. ive had slow test issues in low service areas since as long as i can remember. multiple text messages that are the same get sent or received is another issue i get in low signal. ive gotten this on any radio in crappy signal areas

burkilos 10-28-2008 11:05 PM

After posting earlier about the phone crashing and vibrating. It happened many many more times today regardless of what I was doing or what ROM I had loaded. At one point had to leave the battery out of the phone as it wouldn't even get to TouchFlo for more than a minute.

Went to the Sprint radio and was able to re-configure and re-install everything (again *sigh*) without a single crash. I'll wait for the next non-Verizon radio even though the battery seemed better when it worked.

Thank you for making these radios available! I'm already a radio junkie =D>

puff 10-28-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermansr (Post 481242)

Thanks.

On Sprint, yes u can flash back to an entirely stock radio, ROM OS, and bootloader. On Telus, the stock radio isnt avail in the first post...

puff 10-28-2008 11:31 PM

On the 6800/6900 when flashing the radio via SD Card it would not cause the hard reset (data loss) like it does when you flash via RUU. Has anyone tried the similar method of flashing the radio via internal storage? if so, can anyone confirm if this does or does not cause a hard reset?

MxChino 10-28-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 481853)
its because of low service. if you're just getting this experience now, consider yourself lucky. ive had slow test issues in low service areas since as long as i can remember. multiple text messages that are the same get sent or received is another issue i get in low signal. ive gotten this on any radio in crappy signal areas

Right, but at home I have a sprint airave, i flashed this radio saturday night and the problem started sunday I believe. I'm wondering if the new radio could have compatibility issues with the airave?

Mr. X 10-29-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MxChino (Post 482162)
Right, but at home I have a sprint airave, i flashed this radio saturday night and the problem started sunday I believe. I'm wondering if the new radio could have compatibility issues with the airave?

flash back and test, let us know.