PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   [Jan 15th New Sprint Radio V1.11.00F] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40609)

SmknJoe 10-23-2008 10:56 AM

Re: [UPDATED Bench Marked Results post 75 ] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

sh*itty buzz.......

nttdemented 10-23-2008 11:19 AM

Re: [UPDATED Bench Marked Results post 75 ] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

YAY!!!! Its almost lunch time and I'm sitting at 75% battery. Normally I'd be at about 50% with the ammount of use I give to my phone. :D Thanks a lot Juggs & No2Chem!!

And DAIUM @ your speed test Juggs!! Here in Puerto Rico the most I'd get is about 800k with full bars in the metro area, where I live I normally get closer to 560k-600k. Its good enough for active sync, checking my g-mail and browsing the forums when waiting in line and such. Decent enough to get me out of a jam when on the road and I need an internet connection on my laptop but damn!!! If I were getting those speeds I'd even cancel the internet connection I have in my house!

aceracer24 10-23-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 470541)
speed tests vary huge and opera seems to suck at them more then IE i use IE for speed tests. yesterday i speed tested at 18xxkbps in IE with the vzw radio. :)

Noticed the same and when I ran my test earlier in IE, I got 1599kbps. Seems in the morning at work I get well over 1300 but evening at home I get between 300 and 700. BTW, this is the same result on the stock Sprint radio as well as this new VZW radio.

Mr. X 10-23-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceracer24 (Post 470600)
Noticed the same and when I ran my test earlier in IE, I got 1599kbps. Seems in the morning at work I get well over 1300 but evening at home I get between 300 and 700. BTW, this is the same result on the stock Sprint radio as well as this new VZW radio.

yep i dont see any speed difference between the sprint and vzw... just an a$$load more battery lol

SmknJoe 10-23-2008 11:48 AM

i've had my phone off the charger since midnight last night - i used google maps for 30 mins on the way to work, a few phone calls and texts - and i'm still sitting at 90%!!!

matthew23 10-23-2008 11:51 AM

Do you think that the reg edit/addon that Critical is discussing in the Touch Pro forum would apply to this radio too? Or does this radio already have the edit or something to compensate for it.

Maybe i am getting too greedy b/c so far this radio is making the Diamond feel usable - I am no longer reluctant to use it when i am away from a charger!

Mr. X 10-23-2008 11:51 AM

this radio is outrageous. i wish i knew what made it so much better.

Mr. X 10-23-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew23 (Post 470614)
Do you think that the reg edit/addon that Critical is discussing in the Touch Pro forum would apply to this radio too? Or does this radio already have the edit or something to compensate for it.

Maybe i am getting too greedy b/c so far this radio is making the Diamond feel usable - I am no longer reluctant to use it when i am away from a charger!

questions, that of which answers i do not know :( i wish i did.

matthew23 10-23-2008 12:19 PM

Yeah, thanks. Was not sure if you were in the loop on that issue. Is the GPS lag issue resolved?

Mr. X 10-23-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew23 (Post 470651)
Yeah, thanks. Was not sure if you were in the loop on that issue. Is the GPS lag issue resolved?

no sadly