PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   [Jan 15th New Sprint Radio V1.11.00F] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40609)

Yay 4 Juggs 10-22-2008 03:25 PM

Re: [UPDATED Bench Marked Results post 75 ] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

ok thanks for the mirrors!!! installed the vzw radio rom and yes its a radio rom...it hard reset my device but didnt monkey around with anything else...prl was the same...only hiccup was with sprint tv got a vid error but that resolved itself with a soft reset...so far so good...signal in my house is the same...gps locks the same...evdo is the same...ill know more about the battery in the morning when it dies will report findings as they come!

Mr. X 10-22-2008 03:26 PM

Re: [UPDATED Bench Marked Results post 75 ] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

post results guys :) and thanks i will update first post with mirrors kevan

steps 10-22-2008 03:27 PM

I now get a consistent 5 bars at work and home its between 4 and 5 bars...FAR BETTER then the Sprint radio....Thanks!

Mr. X 10-22-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steps (Post 469270)
I now get a consistent 5 bars at work and home its between 4 and 5 bars...FAR BETTER then the Sprint radio....Thanks!

no probloem. i thought this radio was better too signal wise... but i doubt my self on the signal quality i always psych my self out lol

matthew23 10-22-2008 03:40 PM

flashed perfect for me, no real changes known yet.

SprintTouch08 10-22-2008 03:48 PM

can u do a simple sprite backup and restore once you flash the radio sincei t hard resets? its been a while since i flashed a radio i dont think it touches the phone ROM though, just the radio portion so it should be ok to restore a backup.

Mr. X 10-22-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 (Post 469307)
can u do a simple sprite backup and restore once you flash the radio sincei t hard resets? its been a while since i flashed a radio i dont think it touches the phone ROM though, just the radio portion so it should be ok to restore a backup.

yes since its just the radio and not os rom it will work fine.

goitsme48 10-22-2008 03:50 PM

Juicy, if this thing works, do you plan to put it in 2.6 ROM? Thanks!!

ecker2008 10-22-2008 03:51 PM

thanks.. this radio definitely boosted my signal.. now i get full bars where as before i was only getting 1-2.. i am happy with it so far, but i just flashed it so i will post more results later! thanks again

daryllh 10-22-2008 03:52 PM

to those who have done the radio switch:

Juggalo_X posted that he suggests to backup some stuff (first post). What backup tool is used to do this? I have Sprite but didn't see any options for these items.