PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 07:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

karana is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [10/06/08] JUICY ROM 2.4.1 [Full CE OS 5.2.20755][TELUS][Sprint]

So here is another theory of mine on the battery. You know how the battery meter tells the phone that its out of battery and has it restart. What if its telling the phone that its full and makes the phone stop charging. That could explain some of the erratic battery life I have been experiencing. Some days I can get by the entire day but not others.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kleiner34 is keeping up the good workkleiner34 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
I'd like to ask this again, since several people have, but we haven't gotten an answer.

Is Juicy 2.4.1 Sprint setup for tethering already?
I can confirm that the tethering option definitely works on Sprint. It is a little quirky (not saying this is due to the ROM) in that it sometimes requires you to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable before it will connect to the network properly. I do not know whether the data usage shows up as tethering to Sprint or not, but I suspect that it shows up as normal data usage since I have not added the phone as modem option to my plan.

Hope that helps ....
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Lurker

koolred is a n00b
Re: Juicy ROM 2.0

I'm confused! after downloading the Jucy Rom and read the documentation, it mentioned something about "MUST have HardSPL INSTALLED on ur phones BEFORE trying anything of this out...
I Suggest u use HArdSPL 1.40 Unsigned"

The other Im not sure about is do I place thiese files on my phone or run them from my PC. Itried to run them from my PC and I get the following error: "DiamUnlock.exe is not a valid Win32 aplication.

One other thing, ehrn I opened the Folder that contained the Jucy ROM there were files in there that I had no idea what to do with.

Finally, Is there an easy step-by-step process for accomplishing the ROM upgrade? it would certainly make life a lot easier for me and I am sure a lot of other users who are ainxious to get there DIamonds running the Jucy ROM

THanks for any help yo can give to me.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Re: Juicy ROM 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolred View Post
I'm confused! after downloading the Jucy Rom and read the documentation, it mentioned something about "MUST have HardSPL INSTALLED on ur phones BEFORE trying anything of this out...
I Suggest u use HArdSPL 1.40 Unsigned"

The other Im not sure about is do I place thiese files on my phone or run them from my PC. Itried to run them from my PC and I get the following error: "DiamUnlock.exe is not a valid Win32 aplication.

One other thing, ehrn I opened the Folder that contained the Jucy ROM there were files in there that I had no idea what to do with.

Finally, Is there an easy step-by-step process for accomplishing the ROM upgrade? it would certainly make life a lot easier for me and I am sure a lot of other users who are ainxious to get there DIamonds running the Jucy ROM

THanks for any help yo can give to me.
Read this sticky for step by step instructions: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
The first post is all you need.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

WOW....download speed is BRUTAL! 30.4kbps.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G, Blackberry Bold

Deval is keeping up the good workDeval is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the ROM!

Gonna try to flash my phone for the 1st time...I've never tried a new ROM before.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by karana View Post
So here is another theory of mine on the battery. You know how the battery meter tells the phone that its out of battery and has it restart. What if its telling the phone that its full and makes the phone stop charging. That could explain some of the erratic battery life I have been experiencing. Some days I can get by the entire day but not others.
I feel like it could be a meter problem too. My phone stays at like 90-80-70% and then shoots down to like 30-20%. It seems like it goes from about 70% down to 30% in only a couple of minutes but stays above 70% for a pretty long time (not saying it is a good battery life tho...)
Old 10-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

goitsme48 is a n00b

Same here... With light to moderate usage of 6 to 8 hours, I still have 70% and then suddenly with one 5 minute phone call or 5 minute browsing its down to 30 or 20%... I thought something was wrong with my phone/battery indicator but looks like there are similar folks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
I feel like it could be a meter problem too. My phone stays at like 90-80-70% and then shoots down to like 30-20%. It seems like it goes from about 70% down to 30% in only a couple of minutes but stays above 70% for a pretty long time (not saying it is a good battery life tho...)
Old 10-10-2008, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: All That Glitters Is Diamonds

lcyals is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deval View Post
Thanks for the ROM!

Gonna try to flash my phone for the 1st time...I've never tried a new ROM before.
Nice to see you over here Deval! Venturing away from the comfort of SU? You're gonna love the ROM! It works very well. Once you flash, you'll be addictted and you'll wanna flash a new ROM everyday, lol.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

fatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deval View Post
Thanks for the ROM!

ZOMG its Deval ...... *waves*

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development