PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/22/08] Juicy ROM 2.1 [TELUS & SPRINT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
because it shuts off the ev connection and drops it into standby so quickly, some people are saying its interfering with push. its not able to bring it out of a standby state.

one thing i my self experienced is having windows live messenger log in and out repeatedly with this tweak enabled. but this was on a previous rom. i havnt been on messenger with this tweak in this rom yet.
Could you not make the change to a more reasonable number like 300?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

blink182fka6 is a n00b

any solution for the data network not working?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opuscroakus View Post
Could you not make the change to a more reasonable number like 300?
yes of course. you could set it from 1 second to 65655 i think

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

Quote:
I have read throught this post everyday and here is what I have questions aboit. I am on Sprint and I love the phone but I love custom ROMS becasue they typically run faster smoother and overall better. I just want to know a couple of things if some one will answer please:
But, you read through the entire 116 page thread?!? What questions can you possibly have!?

Quote:
1. I am running the stock GMS look theme now from DHArvey: so I am ok with how it looks how does it RUN on the Sprint side of it?
Question was answered in this thread. Use "Search Option"

Quote:
2. I use telenav a little sprint TV and Text along with Active Sync and Teeter (love teeter) are all of these things on the sprint ROM and fucntional?

Quote:
3. Does the battery life get any better? It already sucks for me now I want it to get better.

Quote:
4. What will I not like about this ROM, is it stable reliable and evrything, I use my phone a ton for work and I want to ensure it runs smooth.

Quote:
5. Is the Sprint one worth the hassell? I thought I would wait until WDM or DHarvey makes one because its always stable and quick but I have the shacks from wanting to upgrade the ROM. I dont how to cook so I like to leach. Thanks for all the help.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink182fka6 View Post
any solution for the data network not working?
what provider are you on and what rom version?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

blink182fka6 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
what provider are you on and what rom version?
im on sprint and running juicy sprint 2.1. i have installed the dcd sprint cab cuz i read that it would help but nothin so far

EDIT: my data network seems to work when my phone is connected to my computer but when i disconnect it. it stops working

Last edited by blink182fka6; 09-25-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
im on sprint and running juicy sprint 2.1. i have installed the dcd sprint cab cuz i read that it would help but nothin so far
there were a bunch of errors in the sprint 2.1 rom its basically a public beta. we will fix these issues in 2.1.1

thanks for running the rom and reporting your issues though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

dpiantino is a n00b

Just an update on my battery situation. Changed email check from every 5 min to every hour. Phone has been off charger for 3 hours. no calls or txts, just a few connections for email. Phone still at 90%. I'm very happy with this.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Telus Touch Pro 2

Tredell is a n00b

Hi Everyone,

I installed the Telus 2.0 Juicy ROM and it seems that Internet Explorer is the default browser. How do it make Opera Mobile the default browser again? I usually read RSS feeds and IE just doesnt display them easily readable like Opera.

I searched for a registry entry that would make this change but did not see any.

Thanks
Tredell
Old 09-25-2008, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

EDIT: my data network seems to work when my phone is connected to my computer but when i disconnect it. it stops working
did you check the sticky on the htc diamond forum about internet? when its connected to the computer, it is pulling internet from your home connection.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development