PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 11:18 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/08/08] JUICY ROM v1.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
That didn't work either. That's the first thing I tried, if you look at my earlier posts.

Anyway, I just did a hard reset and it seems to be working now. sigh, customizing, here I come.

The other problem I noticed was Dashwire seems to crash after it's done syncing. For example, before the hard reset it did it.. and now after, it did it again. So, I'm guessing something's wrong.

Any other dashwire users testify?
Hey it's Windows Mobile !!! Sometimes you just gotta hard reset (and that's when i usually just flash a new ROM )

in regards to the Dashwire issue i'm sure that Dashwire would love to hear about it... get log files.... etc
Old 09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
That didn't work either. That's the first thing I tried, if you look at my earlier posts.

Anyway, I just did a hard reset and it seems to be working now. sigh, customizing, here I come.

The other problem I noticed was Dashwire seems to crash after it's done syncing. For example, before the hard reset it did it.. and now after, it did it again. So, I'm guessing something's wrong.

Any other dashwire users testify?
im at a total loss for your issues dude. its working for me no issues at all!

ive been trying to recreate your problem with absolutely no luck at all

can some more users report back with there wallpaper and if the can or cannot change it?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
im at a total loss for your issues dude. its working for me no issues at all!

ive been trying to recreate your problem with absolutely no luck at all

can some more users report back with there wallpaper and if the can or cannot change it?
Did the hard reset and it works now.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
MIGHTYMIKE Exchange update

Hey mightymike,

This is what must have happened to your 1.05. After ActiveSync is setup, the End lock feature gets added with a new option "Teminate Data Connection" and it automatically sets itself to that purpose.

So, in this scenario, ActiveSync is configured, the end key for lock mechanism you have set gets overwritten by the end key for terminate data connection. I reset it to end key to lock mechanism. And it's working fine now.

I suggest you look to see if that's what happened to your 1.05, if not, I guess upgrade to 1.06 since it works for me *knock on wood*

In other news, just wait for SensorLock, it's a killer screen lock application. I used it on the stock ROM, it worked flawlessly. But it's still in nascent stages with no configuration, etc. I'll be checking it out in a couple weeks. The 3 days I used it for, it worked amazing! I uninstalled it because since there's no configuration, it locks itself automatically on sleep even though I made sure to keep it unlocked.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Did the hard reset and it works now.
I cannot stress enough that hard resetting after a fresh flash will fix 97% of issues!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Retired Staff

Re: MIGHTYMIKE Exchange update

Quote:
Hey mightymike,

This is what must have happened to your 1.05. After ActiveSync is setup, the End lock feature gets added with a new option "Teminate Data Connection" and it automatically sets itself to that purpose.

So, in this scenario, ActiveSync is configured, the end key for lock mechanism you have set gets overwritten by the end key for terminate data connection. I reset it to end key to lock mechanism. And it's working fine now.

I suggest you look to see if that's what happened to your 1.05, if not, I guess upgrade to 1.06 since it works for me *knock on wood*

In other news, just wait for SensorLock, it's a killer screen lock application. I used it on the stock ROM, it worked flawlessly. But it's still in nascent stages with no configuration, etc. I'll be checking it out in a couple weeks. The 3 days I used it for, it worked amazing! I uninstalled it because since there's no configuration, it locks itself automatically on sleep even though I made sure to keep it unlocked.
Sensor lock has caused some crashed/black screen for me and when it auto locks sometimes you cannot unlock. I had to remove it.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Milestone

Blue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBlue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBlue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBlue1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

With regards to the wallpaper issue:

I have had this with the stock Telus rom and Juicy's rom. Sometimes the wallpaper selection menu will show my wallpaper and sometimes it will not. A soft reset fixes this.

It is not the result of the cooked rom-this bug is inherent of the original stock ROM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue1k View Post

I have had this with the stock Telus rom and Juicy's rom. Sometimes the wallpaper selection menu will show my wallpaper and sometimes it will not. A soft reset fixes this.

It is not the result of the cooked rom-this bug is inherent of the original stock ROM.
this explains why i haven't experienced it. ive been soft and hard resetting about 100 times a day with all the beta testing i have been doing.

Im uploading to your FTP today

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-09-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue1k View Post

Thank you good sir. This makes me heave a sigh of relief!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Retired Staff

at about 2PM EST all roms will be hosted on www.thetouchblog.com 's FTP service.

As well as My CDMA tools and the Telus stock rom and Custom RUU

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development