PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Antrax is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond_C CDMA SSPL and HardSPL package is here now!

Thanks man!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

itr325 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
OMFG What did you do.

There is no CDMA radio to flash... just be lucky your phone turns on.

Oh, and if it still works properly, don't try that again.
I tried the same thing, still displays the original radio. Is there not a upgraded radio for CDMA yet, or does CDMA not have a radio?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

the diamond came out less than a month ago for sprint... how in the heck do you expect them to have a radio update already.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by itr325 View Post
does CDMA not have a radio?
Really?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nodiaque is a n00b

Hmmm... if I understand well from xda, this app is used to prevent bad rom-flashing thus bricking phone, right? So before flashing, I should install this and then I can install juicy roms and others, right?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Your understanding is completely wrong.

Without this, you CANNOT flash any other ROM. Well, unless you make your own spl.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nodiaque is a n00b

Ah ok, might be good to say that in the "how to flash with roms (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062)" because reading this, it's not needed
Old 10-15-2008, 11:56 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

you cannot install a custom ROM without first unlocking. depending on the SPL it can be either SoftSPL (no overwrite protection) or HardSPL (overwrite protection) - of course the HardSPL will serve two purposes... 1) allow you to install custom roms and 2) prevent SPL overwrite in case of flashing shipped (exe) ROM. Anyway until there's an actual ROM update (exe), its pretty useless to have overwrite protection as there are no ROMs in development that actually even attempt to write radio and/or bootloader. Thus this pretty much eliminates purpose #2 - well at least for the time being...
Old 10-16-2008, 12:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tilt 2
Carrier: att

gnafin is a n00b

i want to return my diamond for a new one, how do i go back to the stock SPL ?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:23 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnafin View Post
i want to return my diamond for a new one, how do i go back to the stock SPL ?
run the relocker found here

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development