PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: 2/4/2010-FearlessROM-Sense 2.5 Dual boot Winmo/Android-(WM 6.5,6.5.x/SYS 21890,28

any clue as to when/how close android 2.1 is to being ported?
Old 02-05-2010, 05:26 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: 2/4/2010-FearlessROM-Sense 2.5 Dual boot Winmo/Android-(WM 6.5,6.5.x/SYS 21890,28

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxed View Post
also disabling wifi thru "power control" widget does not crash android and saves battery!
For the Android newbs, would someone please show/explain this step by step?

Last edited by Trident; 02-05-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:45 PM
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Found a few things with this newest 2/4 Android.
  • It keeps reading the battery level at 5%.
  • I can't connect to the Sprint network (was able to previously).
  • WiFi says it's connected, but it doesn't work- I can't get my Google account working.
  • Doesn't get as hot.
  • Calibration (of screen) works much better.
  • Without some sort of network connection, it's worthless.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Found a few things with this newest 2/4 Android.
  • It keeps reading the battery level at 5%.
  • I can't connect to the Sprint network (was able to previously).
  • WiFi says it's connected, but it doesn't work- I can't get my Google account working.
  • Doesn't get as hot.
  • Calibration (of screen) works much better.
  • Without some sort of network connection, it's worthless.
Not sure if you were using a previous version, but if you were, you need to go in and delete all the previous files from that version and then add the 2/4 version back on the storage card. for some reason it needs a "clean install" each time. The battery reader is a known issue, but the wifi and data should work.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shaned197 is becoming a great contributor

Agreed.. Everything with the 2/04 is working for me, excluding the known GPS and camera.

When loading, delete all previous files, and put them back into the root of your internal storage. Once that is done run the haret.exe. Once loaded, go to settings, then connections, and make sure you change the APN to Android and add the internet setting. Reboot and call your voicemail and run the haret.exe once again.

I unplugged my phone around 10 AM this morning and it ran until 2:30PM without a charge, when I decided to check back to WM and found out I was down to about 20%. Not too bad when I cant stop downloading apps, texting, a few phone calls, and tons of internet browsing! I am really impressed by Android and how well the apps work.

Check out AP mobile, Weatherbug, and talk to me (if you have friends who speak foreign languages)

Also love the speech to text on handcent SMS.. its awesome!

Only complaints are a bit of lagginess when typing, scrolling is terrible for me (might be due to my cover) but I have to press extremely hard and move my finger slowly to get it to scroll. Also not knowing battery life is a huge letdown.

Also am not sure whats going on with the LED but my diamond has been freaking out. Different LED signals all day, first one looked like text message, next looked like charging, and now its pulsing?

Overall, loving the apps and using android as my main OS. Will continue throughout the weekend and see how it goes!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Hello. My name is Success
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

fr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIP

Quote:
For the Android newbs, would someone please show/explain this step by step?
While in android hold down on the wallpaper and click widgets and scroll to Power control. Wifi is the far left button. you can enable and disable wifi without crashing android with that widget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaned197 View Post
Agreed.. Everything with the 2/04 is working for me, excluding the known GPS and camera.

When loading, delete all previous files, and put them back into the root of your internal storage. Once that is done run the haret.exe. Once loaded, go to settings, then connections, and make sure you change the APN to Android and add the internet setting. Reboot and call your voicemail and run the haret.exe once again.

I unplugged my phone around 10 AM this morning and it ran until 2:30PM without a charge, when I decided to check back to WM and found out I was down to about 20%. Not too bad when I cant stop downloading apps, texting, a few phone calls, and tons of internet browsing! I am really impressed by Android and how well the apps work.

Check out AP mobile, Weatherbug, and talk to me (if you have friends who speak foreign languages)

Only complaints are a bit of lagginess when typing, scrolling is terrible for me (might be due to my cover) but I have to press extremely hard and move my finger slowly to get it to scroll. Also not knowing battery life is a huge letdown.

Also am not sure whats going on with the LED but my diamond has been freaking out. Different LED signals all day, first one looked like text message, next looked like charging, and now its pulsing?

Overall, loving the apps and using android as my main OS. Will continue throughout the weekend and see how it goes!
Nice to know everything is going well for you.. well almost everything.lol

<---- Continuation Of The GTX Sense Theme---->
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaned197 View Post

Are you getting audible ringtones & text alerts? I have been trying to figure out a fix for that. Also is that 20% battery by 2:30 with wifi off? (On by default in Android)

I can confirm the led craziness too. Not sure whats causing it.

Has anyone noticed that the end button wont wake the phone up if it's been asleep for a while? I've found that I have to still hit the top power button to wake it from a "deep sleep".

Last edited by PMDColeslaw; 02-05-2010 at 06:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shaned197 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Are you getting audible ringtones & text alerts? I have been trying to figure out a fix for that. Also is that 20% battery by 2:30 with wifi off? (On by default in Android)
I can't comment on audible ringtone, I am at College all day and keep it on vibrate.. which it does vibrate for both calls and text messages.

I also never touched the wifi setting, however I believe it was off. If it was on, my internet browser would pop up with the University's credentials, but it didn't do this.

Edit: I also noticed the end button not working after phone has been off for a while... need to push the normal power button. Not sure what causes it

Last edited by shaned197; 02-05-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:33 PM
The Source of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Not sure if you were using a previous version, but if you were, you need to go in and delete all the previous files from that version and then add the 2/4 version back on the storage card. for some reason it needs a "clean install" each time. The battery reader is a known issue, but the wifi and data should work.
Cool. Thanks. I did indeed have many older files there.
I replaced all of them, but there were some config files that got created that remained from the old version.
I just deleted all Android related files and pasted the new ones back. I'll try again this weekend.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Hello. My name is Success
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

fr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIP

Quote:
Cool. Thanks. I did indeed have many older files there.
I replaced all of them, but there were some config files that got created that remained from the old version.
I just deleted all Android related files and pasted the new ones back. I'll try again this weekend.
Thats the best thing to do. Start fresh! Good luck
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development