PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Drain with MS Push to Mail AS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
thats actually true... fast charge actually does last less.
im not sure to how much of a big difference it actually is, but i can definitely see your point on this one.
People need to stop thinking fastcharge changes the rate that the battery charges at. It does not. All it does it cause the battery to be charged from a usb port at the EXACT SAME RATE it is charged from the wall socket using the adapter supplied by HTC. You can observe this for yourself with a battery meter and enabling/disabling fastcharge. If you install fastcharge driver, and never charge via usb, it will do nothing to your phone. All no2chem did was remove the limit of 500ma of the usb charging built into the driver. Any effect 'observed' is placebo or due to another factor than the fastcharge via usb. [/rant off]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

daoom is just getting started
Re: how to recover 23xxx stuff in 21xxx sys

Quote:
not really...
i find it weird that the cam stop working, it shouldn't be related, the cab only has regedits for the lockscreen(i just checked to be sure).
the only thing i can think of is that u installed something else or changed a setting... otherwise... u might be experiencing a bad flash from day one, and should probably reflash.
a bad flash doesnt always mean that u have big issues... it can also just be something tiny and not really noticeable...
for all i know i might be using bad flashed version of my rom on my phone right now and the only reason i'm not noticing anything is cuz i'm not using anything that has to do with that tiny bug.
for example... i didn't notice the tiny icon that pops up the wifi icon instead of roaming icon when im roaming until i actually roamed.
thats why i like it when people point out things on the thread... i can find problems and at least try to fix them.
The camera did work before, I installed the cab; that's why I was suspicious there might be a link. I was intending to re-flash this weekend, I'll let you know what happens.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:18 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daoom View Post
The camera did work before, I installed the cab; that's why I was suspicious there might be a link. I was intending to re-flash this weekend, I'll let you know what happens.
Ok, stupid question here. Are you launching the camera from a quick link? If so, did you move the shortcut to a different folder in the start menu?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Question Re: Battery Drain with MS Push to Mail AS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpower73 View Post
Sabroso, I am using 21901 lite version from 20th ... google server via ActiveSync and hotmail set up via windows lives. I have to tell you first that I have 1850 mAh OEM battery made for AllTel. I usually take my phone off the charger at 7 am and by 11 pm, I have about 40 % left...... I set up my gmail to sync 'as items arrive' during peak time (set up from 7 am to 10 pm) and manual sync during off peak. My hotmail is set up to sync every 4 hours and its peak off peak as set up same as my gmail.

... However, the first thing that I do, I turn off the fast charge mode.
Thanks Powerpower73, thanks a lot for your answer. I have bought (3-4 weeks, I use both) a new Battery seidio.com 1500mAh. Anyway, Your drain battery is 70mAh per hour and mine is 190mAh per hour, that is BIG difference.
Thanks Mwalt2, anyway I had never use that icon "Toggle FastCharge" in tweaks folder before, I discover that actually is enable by default everytime we bootup our device.

If you don't mind can I ask you some questions:

1) Do you use "Evdo" (Hybrid) conection or "1x" force conection???
2) Do you have all the day the "white two Arrows" ON (in the Taskbar)?? that denote you have a conection ON, isn't??
3) Do you Sync only Emails or also calendar and Contact with MS ActiveSync and Google server??
4) Which Locker (enable) do you use??? with what timeout??
5) If you know how to enter to regedit, can you tell me what registers KEYs do you have in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETCompact Framework"?? for example "3.5.9198.00" value: "1"????
6) This are the "application or process" that are runnig after I bootup my device (
gwes, cprog, device, filesys, service, Shell32, Manila (Start), repllog (ActiveSync), Task Manager (from where I'm reading this info), tmail (outlook), connmgr, ManilaLock, phcanvga , NK) are this list equal to you or do I have more apps than you or you have another than me???? (it don't count if you manually open anyother program) (you can see the list in task manager in the folder "Utilities").

Thanks in advance. Sorry If I took from you so much time with my request.
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-24-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
People need to stop thinking fastcharge changes the rate that the battery charges at. It does not. All it does it cause the battery to be charged from a usb port at the EXACT SAME RATE it is charged from the wall socket using the adapter supplied by HTC. You can observe this for yourself with a battery meter and enabling/disabling fastcharge. If you install fastcharge driver, and never charge via usb, it will do nothing to your phone. All no2chem did was remove the limit of 500ma of the usb charging built into the driver. Any effect 'observed' is placebo or due to another factor than the fastcharge via usb. [/rant off]
i completely understand what u r saying, but personally... i find the wall charger to be much faster than the usb, with or without fastcharge.
now... i have to believe that u know more than me on the issue since i never actually read up about it.
its just that i always thought that it was supposed to charge the phone faster whether its usb charger or wall charger shouldn't matter to the bottom line which is plain faster.
i guess i was wrong thinking its faster... but the first time i ever noticed something like this to actually work was about two years ago when i had my htctouch for about a month or two... i actually put on the driver and it charged faster on a wall charger... i dont think i was imagining it then, but also to be honest on the diamond i dont think i kept the stock rom more than a day... so i always used the driver... so i can't really compare differences between charging speeds.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post

Quote:
i completely understand what u r saying, but personally... i find the wall charger to be much faster than the usb, with or without fastcharge.
now... i have to believe that u know more than me on the issue since i never actually read up about it.
its just that i always thought that it was supposed to charge the phone faster whether its usb charger or wall charger shouldn't matter to the bottom line which is plain faster.
i guess i was wrong thinking its faster... but the first time i ever noticed something like this to actually work was about two years ago when i had my htctouch for about a month or two... i actually put on the driver and it charged faster on a wall charger... i dont think i was imagining it then, but also to be honest on the diamond i dont think i kept the stock rom more than a day... so i always used the driver... so i can't really compare differences between charging speeds.
Good piece of information! personally, I don't cook, I just flash! umm..that did not sound right..heh.. anyway,meaning I am not really tech or programmer but just get around a bit. but just to make things little more clear, I never timed the charging time between toggle on and off, but imho, it just FEEL that it charges faster and drains faster when toggle is on. So, I have to say in my personal preference, I prefer it to be off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post

If you don't mind can I ask you some questions:

1) Do you use "Evdo" (Hybrid) conection or "1x" force conection???
2) Do you have all the day the "white two Arrows" ON (in the Taskbar)?? that denote you have a conection ON, isn't??
3) Do you Sync only Emails or also calendar and Contact with MS ActiveSync and Google server??
4) Which Locker (enable) do you use??? with what timeout??
5) If you know how to enter to regedit, can you tell me what registers KEYs do you have in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETCompact Framework"?? for example "3.5.9198.00" value: "1"????
6) This are the "application or process" that are runnig after I bootup my device (
gwes, cprog, device, filesys, service, Shell32, Manila (Start), repllog (ActiveSync), Task Manager (from where I'm reading this info), tmail (outlook), connmgr, ManilaLock, phcanvga , NK) are this list equal to you or do I have more apps than you or you have another than me???? (it don't count if you manually open anyother program) (you can see the list in task manager in the folder "Utilities").

Thanks in advance. Sorry If I took from you so much time with my request.
Sabroso,

I don't mind at all... but for some questions, I will answer them later.
1) I always use EVDO hybrid unless my signal gets weak, then I change to roaming only, but it rarely happens, and if I change it to roaming, the battery drains little (maybe a lot) faster.
2) I always have two arrows on, but personally I don't think that indicates it is always using data...I always check my data usage on the bill and if it is always on, my data usage should be way over than what I get.
3) I sync everything with google; contacts, calendar, and gmail
4) I am using 'MINI HD' right now, and I am not sure about time out... if you are asking about back light setting, 1 min to dim and 2 min to off.

ok.. 5 and 6, I have to answer that later, my phone is in the bedroom, charging, and I do not want to wake up my wife.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

daoom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
Ok, stupid question here. Are you launching the camera from a quick link? If so, did you move the shortcut to a different folder in the start menu?
No, from the start menu. And no, I didn't move anything.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpower73 View Post
Sabroso,
I don't mind at all... but for some questions, I will answer them later.
1) I always use EVDO hybrid....
2) I always have two arrows on...
3) I sync everything with google; contacts, calendar, and gmail
4) I am using 'MINI HD' right now, ..... if you are asking about back light setting, 1 min to dim and 2 min to off.
Ok.. 5 and 6, I have to answer that later, my phone is in the bedroom, charging, and I do not want to wake up my wife.
PP73, Thanks a lot my Friend, sorry my poor english to express fine my self.
about :
1) I never understand why the USER GUIDE say in "evdo" you have 200 talk min and in "1X" you have like 500 talk min. I have never notice the difference. Maybe if you are roaming or in a non EVDO zone, so don't spend energy caching a Evdo tower that doesn't exit.
2) Actually Microsoft suggest to have always conection ON with PUSH TO MAIL. As you notice "conected" is not necesary transmition of bytes. IN word of Microsoft the conection is when you make a conection with the server, the server assigned you an IP, that enable "bytes" travel from one end to the other end.
Actually the Push Service send a request for a reply to the server, but the server tooks max 30 min to answer (less if an email reach the server before the 30 min) so in that way Microsoft said that the less conection you have to stablished, the less battery drain (the contraire/opposite of what people think).
Also MS said the traffic that PUSH TO MAIL generate along a month is just 16mb (well in the case you never turn off your device and you not receive any email during that months).

Did anyone know HOW can I set the "HEARTBEAT" of ActiveSync??? Default is MINIMUM 8min and MAX 28min, but MSDN say you can set it to 15 and 45 if your carrier doesn't have set some limits. So I hope my carrier is not the guilty.

3) CoOkie Monster was trying to search if the CALENDAR Sync was the guilty of the Battery Drain because some kind of loops conection.
4) Thanks Just recopilation info for dischart posible reason.

5) Someone with other ROM said that when he did a regedit change and update to .NETCFv35 . Battery Drain Stop.
In My case only after 2 weeks I have one day with more than 14hrs of battery life (and make not change to happend that)
6) I very interest if you have for example some program that would affect saving settings. I will search for th HDMINI Locker, but guess not.

Thanks in advance, and what can I say, go and lie down close to your wife, give her a Kiss or whatever kind of tenderness you like, she will be less .......... next time you turn on the PC.
Also 1973??

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-24-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
PP73, Thanks a lot my Friend, sorry my poor english to express fine my self.
about :

Thanks in advance, and what can I say, go and lie down close to your wife, give her a Kiss or whatever kind of tenderness you like, she will be less .......... next time you turn on the PC.
Also 1973??
Sabroso,

no problem at all... I think your English is excellent.
heh... and you might be right.

ok....

so to answer your question # 5)
I did look into registry and it read value 1.

and to question # 6)
I have TaskMan.exe, ManilaLock.exe, replog.exe, phcanvga.exe, crpg.exe, connmgr.exe, services.exe, shell32.exe, gwes.exe, device.exe, filesys.exe, and Nk.exe.

some of them, I do not have clue what they are and why they are running. anyway. I hope those are the information you seek.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond

jjairal is keeping up the good workjjairal is keeping up the good work
Re: [4/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21901 / 23563 | Light / Standard | BuiltIn Co0kie

not sure if this has been covered but i am trying to change the backround using another pic. i set it to today screen and to the home screen but after the lock is enabled the pics missalign. am i doing something wrong?
seems to be the weather backround pic that moves down a bit.

Last edited by jjairal; 04-24-2010 at 12:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development