PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 03:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

xzjn9p is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ShadowRom|Updated 3-30-10|WM 6.5 21898 Titanium|Made for SPB MS 3.5.3|

I've been using this rom since the first release but I have to say I don't care for the blacked out theme of the latest version. I think its difficult to read the icons. Besides that, nice work.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO

CtDMonet is a n00b

I can't seem to flash the rom -- I downloaded it, and see that it is a 7z file - how do I run it?
Old 03-31-2010, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO

CtDMonet is a n00b

my bad -- it ran fine after extract.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Love the ROM. Always so stable. SPB MS3 is so much more effecient and productive than Sense/Manilla/Titanium. Customization is great.

Keep up the good work, I think I've been using your roms since Feb. they have not let me down.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzjn9p View Post
I've been using this rom since the first release but I have to say I don't care for the blacked out theme of the latest version. I think its difficult to read the icons. Besides that, nice work.
I will have to agree on this. Icons are pretty much unreadable. I've pretty much weened myself off of them and found I don't really need to see my signal strength or if I'm using 3G or roaming, etc.

Still, readable icons would make the rom more complete.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Diamond

Saturn2888 is just getting started

Huh, in my Mobile Shell's 3D viewer for texts and e-mails, it now shows two bars at the bottom, one's kinda above it. Anyone had that issue before? Trying to figure out if the phone did anything in my pocket which brings me to the real question, how can I make the phone not turn on the screen when I get a text? It appears to be fixed for e-mails, but not texts. I wonder about voicemail too, it shouldn't turn on then either.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn2888 View Post
Huh, in my Mobile Shell's 3D viewer for texts and e-mails, it now shows two bars at the bottom, one's kinda above it. Anyone had that issue before? Trying to figure out if the phone did anything in my pocket which brings me to the real question, how can I make the phone not turn on the screen when I get a text? It appears to be fixed for e-mails, but not texts. I wonder about voicemail too, it shouldn't turn on then either.
That's happened to me before, not sure why/how it does it. Usually a soft reset will cure it.

Phone wakes up for random reasons (I think all ROMS do this, a windows thing I think?), probably best to get some sort of locking program like S2U2 or something like that.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Diamond

Saturn2888 is just getting started

Ah awesome, soft-resetting now. I don't like locking programs bc they, with touch screens, prevent me from actually doing things w/ the phone. I might consider that though. Which program are you referring to?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!!
Threadstarter

shadowxaero is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowxaero is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowxaero is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzjn9p View Post
Thank You , i did end up changing the theme for the very reason that is was hard to read things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
Love the ROM. Always so stable. SPB MS3 is so much more effecient and productive than Sense/Manilla/Titanium. Customization is great.

Keep up the good work, I think I've been using your roms since Feb. they have not let me down.

I know what you mean, everyone ran over to sense, but for me personally the battery drain was just to high compared to SPB MS and Titanium so that was i stick with.

Quote:
I will have to agree on this. Icons are pretty much unreadable. I've pretty much weened myself off of them and found I don't really need to see my signal strength or if I'm using 3G or roaming, etc.

And as for the task bar I'll be sure to change it up a bit to make it more readable for ya in the next update.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

xzjn9p is just getting started

Quote:

I installed an old tsowen taskbar cab I had in my internal storage and that cleared up the unreadable taskbar and the goofy, blue-knight-rider busy icon. However, there are still a lot of thing that are blacked out (folder icons, loading bars, etc).

Also I think this version is a bit faster. However, I'm also running a few of the mobile sense widgets and not the whole mobile sense suite which could be speeding things up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development