PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 01:18 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Telus users: Any unadvertised low-cost voice / data plans?

Looking to purchase a Hero for the wife and I'm curious what other's are using for a voice/data plan with Telus. I know when I purchased my TP2 with Telus and switched from Bell I was told to ask for an unadvertised "Sweet 20". I got that plus a smartphone 35, but even that's a little pricey in this case.

Anything else like that anybody is aware of? We're trying to keep the costs down as she really won't be a heavy user, but can't resist the phone

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Rogers

wraith79 is keeping up the good workwraith79 is keeping up the good work
Re: Telus users: Any unadvertised low-cost voice / data plans?

Unfortunately, the voice/data plans have been made for the hspa+ network and the old prices for the data/voice plans will ONLY work with the CDMA network! I asked the same thing. I have the unlimited data plan they offered 2 years ago at x-mas. Sadly, unlimited data does NOT exist with HSPA+. Just have to deal with the new data plans they offer for the new network or stick with the old plan until you have no other option to switch! Voice plans can be switched over, but data cannot!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Threadstarter

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Yeah, I know they just changed all of their plans. I was hoping to find something "unadvertised" so to speak...something they offer as a loyalty but you don't see advertised in stores, on their site, etc.

Thanks anyway.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Yeah, I know they just changed all of their plans. I was hoping to find something "unadvertised" so to speak...something they offer as a loyalty but you don't see advertised in stores, on their site, etc.

Thanks anyway.
No problem. I even asked my insiders at telus and they don't even have anything they can offer to clients! It sucks, but, what can you do? Anyways, glad I could help!
Old 11-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Threadstarter

Picked up a Hero for my wife today. They would not budge on anything with the plan! We were really trying to get CLID added for free, but it was a not go. I tried calling 611, regular customer care, sales line, and L&R beforehand...nobody would do it. WTF???
Old 11-15-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

The best thing I can suggest is tell about some problems you are having with your service like dropped calls all the time or big issues with your phone and a little persistence you'll get the CLID free! I had CLID free for a year. I had other issues with my phone, I swapped my Diamond out 9 times in less than a year, they made me a offer for the TP2 and to cover for the rest of the issue, they gave me incoming calls for free for the duration of my contract, but, it was extended by a year, if you don't mind extending your contract, tell them that and they should be able to get some kind of good deal to you!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Moved to Carrier Discussions!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion