PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Sprint vs T-Mobile

Any reason why I shouldn't leave Sprint and go to T-Mobile? A T-Mobile rep stopped me today and told me that this Sunday they have a new pricing plan coming out and when I told him about how much I pay for my wife and I to be on the Everything Data plan by Sprint, she told me she could cut my bill by about $40.00/month and I could still have the same type of phone plan that I have now with Sprint. I checked on T-Mobile's site for coverage to see how good it is, and it looks about the same as Sprint, so again, any reason why I shouldn't leave Sprint and go to T-Mobile? Also JD Power Asc recently rated them the BEST customer service out of all major carriers. That sounds pretty good to me! Let me know what you think people...

TIA

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint vs T-Mobile

Ive used TMO and the best thing about them is their CS. The down side is their data coverage. They have very little 3g and EDGE is very slow when you're used to about anything else. Sprint has good coverage and their data is steady and reliable and relatively fast.

I've had both Sprint and TMO in the last few years. I now use VZW because in Kansas, where I live, neither Sprint nor TMO have great coverage unless you're near a major highway or interstate. VZW has solid digital coverage almost blanketing KS. VZW is also the highest price service but I can get coverage where I need it and saving dollars doesn't mean squat when there is no coverage when you need it.

If you're living in a more metropolitan area then either TMO or Sprint may work fine for you. If you don't care about data then TMO may be the best option, if data is important to you then you need to carefully look at and consider which of those two is going to provide you with the speed and coverage you need.

R
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Hey thanks Racdog, that was very imformative!!! I have had NO problems with Srpint, my sis is with TMO and she doesn't like it, but her hubby used to work there 5 yrs ago, and they are still on the employee plan, so she doesn't leave for that reason, but they are in Vegas and her service sux. So I think I will stay put...peace-br
Old 10-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Thread moved to Carrier Discussion Forum!

Just because T-Mo may be bad in Vegas (which I am surprised to hear), doesn't mean they will be bad in your area. Coverage between carriers can vary widely from city to city. But racedog is right about their data network right now. If you search around for "Project Dark" you will see the new rate plans coming out on Sunday, and rumors of a improved data network. If you don't have discount with Sprint, you might save some money monthly by switching. For me pricing is pretty even, but T-Mo dose have better signal in my neighborhood, decisions... decisions...

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Hey Budney, sorry top post in the wrong spot! I didn't there was a forum for this, which brings the question to mind, what exactly is the 'General' forum for...?

Anyway, are you speaking of this Project Dark? http://www.engadget.com/tag/ProjectDark/

If so, then HELL no I am not switching! There is no possible way they can beat the price I have. I am on the Everything Data Plan=1500 shared minutes with unlimited data for my wife and I to share! We pay $120.00/month before taxes, but well worth it IMO just because of the 'Any Mobile Any Time' Sptin has recently added!

Looks to me like TMO has some catching up to do! Thanks Budney for the insight!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If T-Mobile has good coverage coming, hmm.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Hey Budney, sorry top post in the wrong spot! I didn't there was a forum for this, which brings the question to mind, what exactly is the 'General' forum for...?

Anyway, are you speaking of this Project Dark? http://www.engadget.com/tag/ProjectDark/

If so, then HELL no I am not switching! There is no possible way they can beat the price I have. I am on the Everything Data Plan=1500 shared minutes with unlimited data for my wife and I to share! We pay $120.00/month before taxes, but well worth it IMO just because of the 'Any Mobile Any Time' Sptin has recently added!

Looks to me like TMO has some catching up to do! Thanks Budney for the insight!
The General forum is for general discussions about ppcs, or WM devices that may not have their own forum

That is the Project Dark I was talking about. Not sure why T-Mobile needs to catch up? The price plans are competitive with Sprint's, if not slightly better and have more options to choose from. But those price points where T-Mobile win are squashed by my discount.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:47 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Coverage is where they need to catch up.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Hey thanks Racdog, that was very imformative!!! I have had NO problems with Srpint, my sis is with TMO and she doesn't like it, but her hubby used to work there 5 yrs ago, and they are still on the employee plan, so she doesn't leave for that reason, but they are in Vegas and her service sux. So I think I will stay put...peace-br
I go to Vegas regularly, in fact, I'll be heading there next Thursday. I do remember T-Mobile coverage being spotty at place in Vegas but that was some time ago, I would have thought they would have corrected that by now. My problem is that they are VERY spotty in Central Kansas and in the rural areas in Kansas which is why the move to Sprint some years ago. But, with the VZW takeover of Alltel I have phenomenal coverage all over KS, both voice and data now.

As the owner of an internet company it is critical for me to be in touch at times and to have access to data. So, for me, its not a matter of VZW fanboy love, its a matter of VZW love (because of their coverage HERE). If TMO were to suddenly have this type of coverage or Sprint or AT&T then I would consider them also and go where I could get the best deal for the same coverage.

That's what any sensible person should be doing, giving careful consideration to their needs and then finding which companies can supply those needs and THEN considering who's going to give them the best price in fulfilling those needs. Fanboism doesn't pay my bills so I usually disregard the many obvious fanboy posts that blanket forums like this one, HOFO and others. First decide what it is that you actually require, then find out which cell companies can meet those requirements and then pick the one that has the best price for those requirements. Never pick a cell company because they have some glitzy phone, pick the company and then find a phone that you like that will run on their service.

R
Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 PM
I see you have a PPC.

See the coverage for me for Sprint or Verizon isn't the issue (GSM don't work in Hutch outside the city) but rather the fact that I want a cheaper plan. Hmm!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion