PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon: what's the "exchange" policy?

I'm on Verizon and eligible for a new phone (I've had an HTC Apache XV6700 for years now). I want to get an Imagio, but trade it in if an Omnia II or Leo show up soon. What's the deal -

1) what's the best way to get it? simply order it from the VZW website - $199 (2 year contract)? or do I call them and order it that way? do they apply some sort of "new phone due" credit and can they charge it right to my phone bill if I call them?

2) what's the exchange - can I exchange it in 30 days if the Omnia II or Leo show up? how does it work?

thanks,

Mike
Old 10-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Verizon: what's the "exchange" policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
I'm on Verizon and eligible for a new phone (I've had an HTC Apache XV6700 for years now). I want to get an Imagio, but trade it in if an Omnia II or Leo show up soon. What's the deal -

1) what's the best way to get it? simply order it from the VZW website - $199 (2 year contract)? or do I call them and order it that way? do they apply some sort of "new phone due" credit and can they charge it right to my phone bill if I call them?

2) what's the exchange - can I exchange it in 30 days if the Omnia II or Leo show up? how does it work?

thanks,

Mike
Ive done this twice now, you have 30 days from the time you buy the phone, to bring it back into verizon, or call up customer service and tell them you want to get a different phone. They want the phone to be in very good condition when being returned, it needs to have the original box, with everything intact, all the accessories the device came with, and they said a reciept makes it a lot easier. If one of those comes out within the 30 days, you can go into the store and have them swap it out, or order you the new one. Its very easy to do.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:44 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Re: Verizon: what's the "exchange" policy?

get a 1 year contract. its going to be a year if the Leo shows up at verizon ( have my doubts though)

Most likely omnia 2 is in 8-10 months. Get an imagio for now, play it by ear, and after a year, sell it (if still in pristine condition)

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion